View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 09:39 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Thanks. So as it has been reported, Trump and his organization have been found to have acted fraudulently in their reporting to banks, insurance companies, etc. Now it's just what it's going to cost them. I'm pretty ignorant of the vagaries of civil law and your two part process helps. And since it's a bench trial there's no jury that can be swayed in either direction, so perhaps Trump will live to regret his "I have a Deranged, Trump Hating Judge" comment...and Engoron will unload both barrels on him.

I am ignorant of the law, but I'm fairly competent concerning the vagaries of mental health. It's so typical of someone who is a raging malignant narcissist to jump ass first into the raging victim role, when the shit hits the fan and he finds it all collapsing around him.

The deranged orange animal is so obviously massively disturbed, emotionally and cognitively disorganized, and it's amazing how so many Americans are willing to overlook it because they think there might be something in it for them.
Here's the text of the law pertinent to Trump's case (New York Executive Law § 63(12):

12. Whenever any person shall engage in repeated fraudulent or illegal acts or otherwise demonstrate persistent fraud or illegality in the carrying on, conducting or transaction of business, the attorney general may apply, in the name of the people of the state of New York, to the supreme court of the state of New York, on notice of five days, for an order enjoining the continuance of such business activity or of any fraudulent or illegal acts, directing restitution and damages and, in an appropriate case, cancelling any certificate filed under and by virtue of the provisions of section four hundred forty of the former penal law or section one hundred thirty of the general business law, and the court may award the relief applied for or so much thereof as it may deem proper. The word "fraud" or "fraudulent" as used herein shall include any device, scheme or artifice to defraud and any deception, misrepresentation, concealment, suppression, false pretense, false promise or unconscionable contractual provisions.