View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 PM

Let's face it folks, there are genuine poor people who have had a rough go through no fault of their own, and there are the parasites who have handed down the ways to play the system through generations. In the first group I would include people that would rather work for 200 a week, than draw 300 unemployment. In the second I would include people that will draw the 250 a week welfare, WIC, food stamps, 90% rent paid housing, and sit at home with kids running all over while they watch Springer. I've seen it first hand several times. Sometimes there is a "boyfriend" involved who either hangs in the hood, or sells drugs. That's where the SUVs come from. They are just now talking about a law that will make cell phones a right!

I count myself and the Missus in the first group. While Obama was crying about housing having the worst year since records were kept, my wife was hiring a third paperwork person for her Real Estate team. I can still (and do) outwork any young buck in my trade, which keeps me busier than I want to be. When I get home I work on Audio gear most nights, which doesn't pay much but it is work.

I don't know about the rest of the country (obama says Detroit is finally booming again) , but there are plenty of jobs around the KC area, you just have to make the effort and be willing to work your way up. I think with this 99 week UE BS, too many folks are holding out for management positions.

I gave quite a bit of money to "the poor" last year as did my wife (we gots separate monies) but they won't be seeing a penny this year. All my charity from now until I croak is going to "No Kill" dog shelters. Humans surely have more of a leg up on fending for themselves than do dumb animals I'd hope.

Edit, Ha no pun intended on the leg up. Now back to audio work.

Last edited by Twodogs; 01-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.