View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
"And now abideth three things, Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest of them is Love*"

*Charity was a mis-translation by King James' scholars.

And as parents we should not be too hard on ourselves, even God could not get Adam and Eve to behave.
You have no idea (well, you probably do) how much grief has been caused by mis-translation. As I understand it, much of the Gospels was written 100 years or so after Christ died. Most of that was based on word of mouth, father to son over several generations. Some of the God-botherers claim the Bible must be accurate because the writers were blessed by God but if this were so, there would be no schism in the Christian faith; no fighting between Protestants and Catholics. Hell, even different branches from the same split tree kill each other.

I don't have any specific religious beliefs Merrylander. There's a strong argument that something goes on after death but when people try to discuss what it is or where it goes, it all bogs down.

Ok, I've read the above again and it's pretty woolly, like my workshop jeans it has a lot of holes in it (have you seen how fast even dilute Sulphuric acid will burn through denim? Add in a bit of Nitric and you're wearing gun cotton. Add just a touch of beer farts from the night before plus a burning cigarette; you'll soon learn all you need to know about the after-life)

Last edited by Combwork; 06-27-2010 at 06:21 AM.