View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Resident octogenarian

One of the reasons why we left thr church and keep our christisnity by ourselves. I got thinking on this yesterday due to some comments made earlier.

I probably had ancestors burned at the stake (I must have come by my ornery caharacter from someone) by The Inquisition, or killed by the Puritans, yet I don't hate either the Puritans or the RC church, or Spanish people. Just as well because Florence has Spanish blood as well as Italian and French. Heck I probably have some French blood as there was a grandmother Auger - we pronounced it like the drilling tool but it is a French name usually pronounced Oh Zhay. No idea when they emigrated from France to England, probably around 1066 or shortly after.

However, some religious people seem unable to forget past transgressions by other religious people and it strikes me the Organized Churches do little to stop that, some even fan the flames. I use church here merely to indicate the structure, it could just as easy be temple or mosque.