Thread: The internet
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
That one was a little tricky. I searched for 'dayton OH annual rainfall 2015' in Google. First two hits only gave historical average climate data. The third was sort of good: got me to https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KDAY/ That's the Dayton airport. Came up on the history for 1/3/2014 for some reason. But it also offered 'monthy' and 'custom' data. I clicked on custom, and entered the period Jan 1 2015 to Dec 31 2015. That gave the answer: 41.11 inches.

Give me the town you need and I'll give it a shot.

Ah, just noticed you're after '2016 to date.' Had 2015 in my head for some reason. Well, this thing can do that....

We're always smarter together than by ourselves. The internet can help with that.
This ^^^^^^

Studying weather outlook for planning work, and historical weather data analysis as it relates to its effects on telecommunications are both a big part of the work I've been doing up here for two decades. You'll have a hard time finding more comprehensive data than what's available at wunderground.com
(no affiliation).

As far as finding info on the internet in general, I love it. Yes, it can take some time to find exactly what you want, but it beats the hell out of not having information to even try to sift through.
When I was a kid, Mom bought the Funk & Wagnall encyclopedias one at a time through a promotional at the grocery store. That was all we had at home. If it wasn't in there, sorry charlie.
At school you had the library, and it was no different than the internet. If you wanted to find something, you usually had to look for a while, and work on your search abilities.
Or you could just say fuck it and give up.