View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Okay, however you want to try and explain your way around it.

What I keep hearing and seeing is that if we don't lighten the load on "the job creaters" and start sucking up to them and give them whatever they want, they'll stop creating jobs and society collapses. And I believe that despite the twist you've presented here, that that is the basic premise of "Atlas Shrugged". And that is what has Republicans shitting their pants. Christ it's all nearly they talk about anymore.

What is the answer? I dunno. But, I do know that if we decide to take the track of pushing everything back to Guilded Age style freewheeling capitalism, we're gonna find out that that was no Xanadu either. Truth is, most of us today live way better than those folks did.

As imperfect as it is, I still believe in "one man, one vote". If Dave and Chuck and their buddies don't like it, they can go piss up a rope. Fuck them, their billion dollar SuperPacs and thier well paid for conservative SCOTUS justices. No, corporations are not people. I do NOT want my employer and his shareholders making political decisions for me, our goals are not, and most likely never will be exactly the same.

So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I thought I was entirely reasonable. Guess not.

But I'll toss you a bone...I don't like superpaks either.

For what it's worth,

Chas