View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Of course, Trump took no credit for Ford's decision to change its Mexico plans.
Then, why his tweet "@DanScavino: Ford to scrap Mexico plant, invest in Michigan due to Trump policies" when Trump has implemented exactly zero policies thus far? It takes a special kind of stupid to believe that Ford made a $1.6 billion dollar business decision based upon one of many mendacious Trump campaign promises. They only thing they knew for certain is that they could give Trump a big woody by flattering him and giving him credit for something he had nothing to do with.

Quote:
So, Finn, this was not like Carrier in any way, so you'll need to explain why you chose to reference it in this thread.
You're the one who brought up my "unsustainable" comment made in reference to the Carrier deal (the details of which still have not been made public, BTW). It remains to be seen if the Trump administration is successful in creating jobs at a pace equal to that of Obama. Time will tell.

I guess I'm just a bit more skeptical than you or Joad when it comes to reveling in the Wonders of Trump. Given his proclivity to lie and take credit for anything positive, a healthy dose of skepticism is warranted. Your attempts to convince the rest of us take Trump's self-serving claims at face value (like you obviously have) is highly entertaining though.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-03-2017 at 02:58 PM.