View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, I actually read the WaPo link you posted. I also read the Brietbart story, which bears little resemblance to the hysterical Wapo story. I also read - thanks to Google Translate - the article in German the the Brietbart story was allegedly sourced from. I also read about the supposed " backlash in Germany": an article penned by a U.S. national who appears to be a big time lefty journalist.

Conclusion - the WaPo hysteria - possibly fueled by the lefty journalist - and the article by the lefty journalist - has a barely passing resemblance to the Breitbart story. In other words, you and WaPo are fulla crap again Finn.
So, anyone criticizing fake news at Breitbart, including the Dortmund Police and the Ruhr Nachrichten, are lefty journalists? Leave it to you to characterize real news in the Times or Post as fake news while characterizing fake news on Breitbart as real news. You sound more like Kellyanne Conway every day.

Here's an article exposing the right (the primary disseminators and beneficiaries of fake news) for co-opting the term after the criticism they received in the wake of Pizzagate.

Fake news has a real meaning — deliberately constructed lies, in the form of news articles, meant to mislead the public. For example: The one falsely claiming that Pope Francis had endorsed Donald Trump, or the one alleging without basis that Hillary Clinton would be indicted just before the election...

“The speed with which the term became polarized and in fact a rhetorical weapon illustrates how efficient the conservative media machine has become,” said George Washington University professor Nikki Usher.

As Jeremy Peters wrote in the New York Times: “Conservative cable and radio personalities, top Republicans and even Mr. Trump himself . . . have appropriated the term and turned it against any news they see as hostile to their agenda.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...dd5_story.html

This article describes perfectly the purpose of this silly thread of yours.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-09-2017 at 01:05 PM.