View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Thread bump.

Like a fool I continue to try and split philosophical hairs. Today I had a funny thought.

When I grew up as a military brat my dad did a great job at teaching me to be a practical survivor. He taught me preventative maintenance, he taught me to be kind, he taught me to trust.

Lately, meaning the Fox News era, him and I seem to have grown apart. But why? What voices in our heads could politically divide a military father and his son?

My laugh moment came when I realized that we seem to be divided over who gets to save whom. My dad did a great job of raising me. He did so well that I got to do what he never did -- get a pilot's license.

After I got my pilot's license my dad refused to fly with me. Why? He said because he could not save me if we got in trouble aloft. That's heavy.

Anyhow thanks for reading this far. That thought made me wonder about how we challenge each other to grow and discover what we really want. Those that have been to the edge know what its like to be brave enough to ride in what they built. Right-sizing that bravery might be what a beautiful disaster feels like.

Peace
A great post....thank you.