View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I disagree with you on this Barbara. If Londoners were not to react to Trump's state visit, he will of course call this a rousing success. IIRC, this invitation was extended soon after he was sworn in but his trip has been postponed until now because of the adverse reception he will get. The Mayor of London has publicly spoken against a Trump state visit. Trump should have declined to make an unwelcome visit to UK, but his ego will not permit this. So this is on Trump and for his amoral behavior.

The world needs to see as much ridicule as the Londoners can foist on the Dotard and I look forward to their perverse merriment.

I hear what you are saying and I agree Londoners should react to his visit. I just think they could have found a better way, a way that did not lower themselves to Trumps level.

I guess I am just tired of seeing the lack of respect and civility on both sides. We know Trump is never going to take the high road, I just hate to see those who oppose him decline to take the high road too.