Thread: Mueller Time?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Right. And if you keep reading:

After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense. Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president.

Further:

In cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view, the report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offense.

In other words, all of the crap that was published in the various news rags since mid 2016 that the news - and some of you - were absolutely convinced would result in Trump and/or some of his family members doing a perp walk just went *poof*.
Have you tried Dramamine for that whirling Dervish syndrome that you're exhibiting?