View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Merrylander...you have to admit that from what you and I know about the depression era and beyond...many people literally died because their pride kept them from... as they put it...taking hand outs.
Remember your lard sandwiches? So while I feel some of the video was distasteful...I understand the proud part. And you can still find people out there who feel like that.

I don't knock people down for being poor or uneducated. Sometimes what they say makes more sense than a college professor's class. And money doesn't sway them from the truth.
"...many people literally died because their pride kept them from..."

Fools. Sorry but, that's how I see it. If I'm starving and someone offers me a bowl of soup, I'm taking it. If some one nearby wants to starve rather than take the soup becuase he thinks it's immoral, I'll take his. I might even wait for him to drop and take his shoes. Survival trumps pride. Screw that foolishness.

I don't knock anyone for being poor or uneducated either. I knock them for thinking being poor, uneducated, overworked and underpaid is somehow a badge of honor. Those people probably all work for whoever fed them that drivel. And he's probably a billionaire because of it. They're stooges, Painter. Nothing more. What's worse is they drag the rest of us down with them by being so cheap.

Dave