View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the conservative media empire that owns Fox News, acknowledged in a deposition that several hosts for his networks promoted the false narrative that the election in 2020 was stolen from former President Donald J. Trump, court documents released on Monday showed.

“They endorsed,” Mr. Murdoch said under oath in response to direct questions about the hosts Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo, a legal filing by Dominion Voting Systems said. “I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it in hindsight.”...

Dominion’s latest filing also described how Paul D. Ryan, a former Republican speaker of the House and current member of the Fox Corporation board of directors, said in his deposition that he had told Mr. Murdoch and Mr. Murdoch’s son Lachlan, the chief executive officer, “Fox News should not be spreading conspiracy theories.” Mr. Ryan suggested that the network pivot and “move on from Donald Trump and stop spouting election lies.”...

Asked by Dominion’s lawyer, Justin Nelson, whether he could have ordered Fox News to keep Trump lawyers like Sidney Powell and Rudolph W. Giuliani off the air, Mr. Murdoch responded: “I could have. But I didn’t.”...

The filing on Monday also included a deposition by Viet Dinh, Fox’s chief legal officer. In his deposition, Mr. Dinh, when asked if Fox executives had an obligation to stop hosts of shows from broadcasting lies, said: “Yes, to prevent and correct known falsehoods.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/27/b...t-murdoch.html

I can't wait to hear Whell's defense of these sworn acknowledgements by Fox executives of their deliberate spreading of the Big Lie to the detriment of Dominion and American democracy.
He's busy gathering his "proof" that MSM are the bigger liars. Each and every one That and that he's not among their mindless, numbskull, shit-for-brains audience

Meanwhile what does Murdoch care? He's already made his billions and done the damage he set out to do.

Last edited by RickeyM; 02-28-2023 at 07:32 AM.