View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 05:17 AM

PLUS ONE!

A BIG PLUS ONE!

I'm going to church in a few hours for a Baptism and will be biting my tongue and being civil. All the while there will be even in this of all hollow places, those family member's of mine. Who will be just the edge of their Pugh spoiling for an argument.
Tell them all the time, come over to the house and we can have a discussion for this is not the place or time. Never happens, it is though they relish in their ignorance and love confrontation.
I don't do the "in your Facebook" anymore because of all the strong political insights and infighting. Unfriending by those who whenever a contradictory opinion is viewed and also the many people behaving badly.

I recently had a acquaintance of many years who always thought I was a Republican. We never talked politics in the many years of knowing each other. Until he saw and then asked the question, when he noticed a picture of Obama on the bookcase. I could see in his eyes confusion setting in as he wrapped his head around this fact. Couldn't believe we weren't on the same team.
We haven't talked since then. I've called once and left a message, but learned long long ago. My phone not only is able to make calls but will receive them too!

Barney