View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Bah. Most analysts everywhere are faking it. Real analysis is very hard work, and you know what result is wanted ahead of time....
It's not as hard as you think. It's why debaters prepare for debates by practicing with someone playing the part of their opponent, enabling them to be more prepared for the "surprise" responses.

A car lost control and flipped in front of my house about 30 years ago. The guy got out of his car and a friend of his picked him up in his pickup.

This was at 3;00 Saturday morning.

The cops showed up and we talked a bit. The cop said to me that is was surprisingly common for people to drive home drunk on a friday or saturday night, wreck their car, hoof it home and then report it stolen.

Not one minute after he told me this he got a call that the car had been stolen.

But there was a problem...

The pickup drove by going the other way and I said to the cops (there were three cops there by then) that that was the truck that picked the guy up. One cop went after it and came back about 15 minutes later with a guy in the back seat. He was the guy I saw leave the car. He was also the car's owner.

A simple example. But the military is not the bafoons one would make them out to be. Neither are many of the people heading government agencies. More importantly, neither are their underlings that do the real intelligence work.

Sometimes I think part of the press' job is to cause us to think they are easily fooled when, in reality, they are trying to respond to the results of their intelligence in a politically correct way. THAT's the hard part.