View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 12:45 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I waited for hours to vote last major election, with various minorities in line around me and a some elderly folks, some in wheelchairs. I had my ducks in a row and voted. I do live in a nice neighborhood nowadays which is often more genteel in my experience.

Offering people stuff at polling locations used be fairly well understood as a likely problem. I agree handing out water etc doesn't feel like the greatest evil, however, 'and other aid' is certainly nebulous, and what is and isn't allowed should be decided by 'the people', IE the legislature, not our berobed masters, IMO.
So you don't see systemic injustice amounting to vote suppression in the 'more genteel experience' arranged in whiter neighborhoods? Of course you don't, you'd prefer not to.

State legislators have a reputation for being partisan scoundrels, I'm afraid. I'm great with there being some checks and balances enforcing some level of respect for everyone's rights. You're in favor of everyone having an equal right to vote, aren't you?