View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
When I bought my B&O turntable it was from a Craigslist ad. I went to this house and the woman brought out the turntable. While we were talking I noticed a box of albums sitting on the floor. She says, "Those are for sale too. $2 a piece or $60 for the whole box." So, I had a look. About 35-40 albums, many of them audiophile pressings, all in beautiful condition. I picked up Steely Dan, Poco, Christopher Cross, Supertramp, Wings, Fleetwood Mac, Heart and Gordon Lightfoot. I think it was fourteen albums in all. (The rest was a bunch of Disco crap and '70s country.)

The condition of the albums is what got me. Nearly perfect. She said her Dad would buy albums, record them onto "the big reel tape thingy" and file them away. Played only once.
She also said he had a lot more rock, but her brother kept those.

Dave
Back a few months ago I was at a house buying some amplifiers and asked if there were any records? Bought a box of at least a hundred Punk albums, I mean stuff like the Sex Pistols, The Cure, some I never heard of. She was a punker from way back. A real Siouxsie and the Banshees back in the day, for the pictures she shown me!

Ahhhh, Susan!

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-01-2014 at 08:47 PM.