View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
As long as over half of all new income keeps going to the top 1% the economy sucks. What good are jobs when you need three of them just to survive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
What about stagnant wages, horrendous wealth inequality, the war on organized labor, etc.? I give Obama credit for fixing some of the catastrophe W. left us, but the system is still very much broken. Time for some major changes, but it looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingPoi View Post
I wonder what kind of jobs those would be. Restaurants open and close every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68custom View Post
there is a big window manufacturer near me that will require you work at least 60 hours a week, and I mean nonstop every second work with 2-10 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. they will charge you $8 for 50 cents worth of lettuce (salad)and they have their own DRs office like a work camp! you will also be expected to lift 150 pounds repeatedly all day long. people there think they are lucky cause those SOBs are paying them $10 an hour. I did it for 3 weeks before I told em to go to hell. as a union job this would be a $20 dollar an hour job or more easily. did I mention that recently some Chinese investors bought a huge chunk of said company? Obama's helped but the economy is still kinda shitty for regular folks.
This is the rub. And, I am sick and f**king tired of hearing how Trump is going to fix it.......

NO, HE IS NOT. If the comments that bastard made in Detroit last year didn't show you exactly what he is, you're hopeless. Anyone who could look around at that mess and comment that it makes sense as a "business strategy" to deliberately starve a city or a state until they submit is a tyrant. Plain and simple.