View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Ready

OK, lots to discuss tonight.

To begin, I haven't made a deep or sincere study of the seven habits. Once years ago I took an abbreviated class therein. I formed the opinion that the seven habits could be summed-up as 1) figure out what you are supposed to be doing, and then 2) work very hard at it. Rules for strivers, in other words, probably incorporating some handy tips for striving better, but not of much use if one isn't of the striver cast of mind in the first place.

I'm sure many people for whom the 7 habits have proven useful and even important would reject my view as cynical and even asinine. They may even be right.

Anarchy is hard to discuss because the term itself can mean so many differernt things.

There is much more different than alike about the two sides of the river in the pic. The big difference is JURISDICTION. You see divides were the jurisdiction line creates big disparities elsewhere, as between New York City and New jersy, or Chicago and Indiana. In those cases, the jurisdiction proved more amenable to industrial development on the side seperated from the big metropolis.