View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM

How could I forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
What about Colt ? A goodly portion of Berettas are made in Maryland...Then there's Thompson/Center, FNH/South Carolina, & there's Barrett over in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, not TOO far away from me. A few years ago, guess what was the 2nd largest US export after Boeings ? Tobacco products....US cigarettes, love 'em or hate 'em, sell VERY well overseas. We printed the home sweet hell outta "export" labels...Buicks, Cadillacs, & Chevys sold pretty well in China-Buicks especially. There were a couple models that were "China only"-had no counterparts here. I don't know if that's still going on since the troubles GM's been having-But China was a bright spot on an otherwise very bleak picture for GM.
my beloved Colt's. Sad thing is, Colt doesn't make much of anything anymore, think the .45 and the AR are about it. I did forget Thompson Center...1st class firearms. And Barrett, didn't he move his operations to Tennessee after California outlawed .50's for civilians?

Always was a Buick fan myself. Always figgered folks who bought them Cattleracks were just puttin' on a little too much of the dog. 'Sides, some of 'em was ugly as hammered shit.

Favorite all time car was a '65 Buick Skylark two door hardtop w a 355 Wildcat...which was really a HP 300 CID mill, 11-1 compression, 240 HP, 360 FT...ran like a striped assed ape for such a little motor. Hardly a day went by that I didn't have the speedometer pegged at 120, which is plenty fast for these crooked little Ozark back roads.

Then the do gooders lowered the speed limit to 55...

Chas