View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 06:05 PM

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
I’d said I wasn’t going to say anything about my source for the quotes Trump made off the record to Bloomberg.

However, I don’t want to be party to the president’s smearing of excellent, ethical journalists. So I can say this: none of the Bloomberg interviewers was my source.
11:37 AM · Sep 1, 2018
Retweets
Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
4h
Replying to
@ddale8
Trump is calling Jennifer Jacobs, Margaret Talev and their editor liars. They aren’t, and they didn’t violate their “off the record” promise to him. I don’t want to be a party to his attempt to make fellow reporters look deceitful.
Daniel Dale
Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
4h
So: I’m not going to engage in an “OK if it isn’t them than who was it” game, but the president is incorrect when he claims he was wronged by his interviewers.
Daniel Dale
Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
4h
Maybe I should have expected the president would confirm a Toronto Star story (!) and use this to go after Bloomberg reporters, but I did not - thought it was likely he’d either a) ignore it or b) or call it fake news and go after my own ethics, which would’ve been fine.
Daniel Dale
Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
4h
Anyway, this is an unusual thing to do, but this is an unusual situation. That’s all.

--------------

Toronto Star reporter's response to Donny's idiotic smears of Bloomberg, which you'd need to be as stupid as Whell to believe. Lots of Whells still out there, sadly.