View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Interesting OpEd piece by Senator Snowe in todays WaPo. She feels that we will be wasting our time looking for Congress to heal itself. That to me was an oblique suggestion that we as voters need to throw the bums out.
Expecting Congress to heal it self? That would be akin to expecting the inmates at San Quentin to rehabilitate spontaneously.

It's amazing how the felons find Jesus as soon as they are given a parole hearing date! Lordy, lord- surpriiise, surpriise.as Gomer Pyle would say.
The last place you want to be is on Bubba's cellblock when his murderous ass is turned down at the hearing. cause Bubba is going to be lookin' to shove his Bible and some other items,(that I'll leave to your imagination) up some poor souls patootie. Shortly before he beats them to death, mumbling "Da lord giveth and da Lord taketh, muthaf...a."

I would say, kudos to O.Snowe for tellin' it like it is. Congress will never pass legislation contrary to their own personal interests and their favorite rich lobbyists.

I'm more and more a decided Shakespearean when it comes to legislators.

So I'm gonna rename the Contrarians Social Club to the Shakespearean Vigilante Commitee! Maybe I'll get some like minded theatre lovers to join. Wanna join? Heh. Talk to Bubba cause he's in charge....