View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Trump Coal Bailout Is Dead.

When are the dumbfucker white Trumpist's and Republican voters in general going to extract their heads from their asses and realize that Donald is too stupid to actually put any legislation or even anyexecutive orders together that mean anything, and at the same time too intellectually lazy to learn enough to not be so fucking stupid.
I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about in this post. Trump has said that he wants multiple sources of energy including coal. While I agree that Perry's proposal to FERC was likely not a great solution, I suspect its just one pixel in a bigger picture.

However, the biggest challenge to the coal industry right now is the cheaper cost of other energy sources, such as natural gas. Not sure what legislation or EO's would be at Trumps disposal to fundamentally change the energy markets, and such legislation even if it did exist would likely be undesirable as well.

Also, opening up more drilling off shore and on land as Trump has proposed will also benefit the energy sector and ultimately the consumer. But, having said that, it will also conspire to make coal less competitive.

Now, if the economy gets moving at a sustained 4 or 5 %, which is possible, the increased demand for energy could put coal right back in the game.