View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yes! I've been missing my Anthem preamp, run through a pair of Rogue monoblocks that I had several years ago. Sold them and bought a Mac MA6900 in 2005. The Mac is nice, but still has that SS harshness when pushed hard.

I rebuilt a pair of Roberts 770 monoblocks (Akai M8) from an old tube RTR deck. They have a nice sound but only put out ~3-4 watts, not enough for a rattle the windows kinda guy like me. (And one of them seems to be problematic. A recurring noise issue, that I'm told might be the OPT.)

Anyhow, if I does go tube again, it'll probably be a nice integrated.
The MC275 IV is a good bang for the buck. It was recently bench tested and was putting out over 90 wpc. Paired with the Cornwall's it can shake, rattle, and roll. However, it is a totally different sound than my C712 and MC300 paired with Chorus II's. I can shake the neighborhood with that combination.

The Tube McIntosh is much more detailed. It is like being in a concert hall listening to a live performance. I would have to say it is loud, but very civil. It wraps you in the sound instead of grabbing you by the throat and shaking you.

Plans are being drawn up for my music room addition. I am going to reinforce all the corners for Khorns. Now I just have to find a good pair of Khorns that are not too far away.

I can't wait.