View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
No, JJ. You posted a propaganda poster with a guy in a hood and a mask aiming a gun at the reader. The clear import was that if one in that situation had a gun, all would be good. It just ain't true. Most responsible gun owners have their guns in a safe. In a safe, they aren't much response to a guy holding a gun on them. To be prepared to face the scenario presented in the propaganda poster, one would have to be in a position of being armed and ready to fire. That is fanciful, which makes the point made by the poster fanciful as well. I did not create the imagery in the poster, but I have pointed out how that imagery renders its textual message ridiculous.

There are legitimate arguments to be made on many (but not all) positions in the gun debate. That piece of propaganda did not make a legitimate argument.

Regards,

D-Ray
I will agree with you WRT it being too late if things have gone as far as the picture depicts. However, the text mentions breaking and entering. I believe I would be awake by the time the hood got that close to me. That's a whole different scenario.

See what is available here... These don't require fumbling with keys or turning on lights to operate combination locks. Put you hand on it and arm yourself.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/gun-safe...130125122202:s

(No affiliation)

Last edited by JJIII; 01-25-2013 at 06:22 AM.