View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
You want "ugly"? Here's ugly: "Just establishing his 'street cred' to help his candidacy." -- whell

Or, slightly less ugly: "Seems to me it means "Aren't those people awful." A sentiment widely held, with varying values for 'those people.'" -- dq

The latter, despite the fact that finn never said it, seems to be what set you off. Obviously, you were so desperate to jump all over finn (again), you chose to criticize him for sentiments that someone else attributed to him rather than for sentiments he actually revealed.

What finn actually said was, "He'll probably still win the seat."

Given his Barry's electoral success, juxtaposed with his criminal history, I can see why he said that. It's easy to arrive at the conclusion finn did without depending on any racial prejudice to do so.

John
And I commented on your first example already. Maybe you missed it. And what the hell...maybe you're now the forum arbiter of what content is deserving of what response? You want me to check this out with you in a PM before I post...or can we just save a step and process it on the open forum, eh?

Or, how's about we just compromise and you can decide what are and are not ugly enough comments for you...and I'll decide for me. OK mom?