View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
What??? Never heard of the Central Park Five? Birtherism? Or him and his dad settling with DOJ for racial discrimination in housing? How about him bragging to Howard Stern about all of his sexual conquests?
"Birtherism" is only racist if you want to make it racist. Sure, "racism" was a popular way to label folks who challenged Obama's failure to document his birth. Part of that was on Obama, who let that line of discussion go on longer than it needed to.

Now, let's apply your screwed up line of thinking to all of these companies, who have settled claims of race or sex bias with the Feds:

- Dr Pepper Snapple Group will pay $18.3 million in an age discrimination lawsuit judgment. Better not buy any beverages from them, Finn, 'cuz they apparently hate old people.

- Sears will pay $5.2 million in a race discrimination lawsuit judgment. Better not buy anything from Sears, Finn. Oh, wait, no one else does either, so I guess it won't matter.

- Pepsi will pay $3.13 million to settle an EEOC race discrimination lawsuit. "Summer Time is Pepsi Time", Finn, unless you're not white.

- Cook County (Chicago, IL) will pay $7.6 million in a race discrimination lawsuit judgment. I thought the Dems ran Cook County. Oh, well. I guess their racist too. Boycott Chicago.

- D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation (Washington, DC) will pay $3.5 million in a sexual harassment lawsuit judgment. I thought the Dems ran DC? Oh well. Guess you've got to boycott DC now.

- Rite Aid will pay $3.5 million in a disability discrimination lawsuit judgment. I guess you need to be a CVS customer now.

Are all of these entities truly racist, sexist, whatever? Or did they determine it was more expedient to settle. We'll never know. But if we employ your skewed standards, then they're all racist, sexist, whatever and need to be avoided, boycotted, publicly shamed, whatever. Sad, 'cuz Chicago's pretty nice this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Most people didn't pay attention to your Dear Leader until he hit the campaign trail at which time his racism and misogyny were out front for all to see.
Bullshit. Trump has been a very public figure for many, many years. You and your fellow travelers are simply engaged in a "branding exercise". That's why you responded to this thread the way to did, calling it a "deflection". You didn't want a scenario where Trudeau might diminish the "brand" that you want to apply to Trump.