View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
Missle shield? To protect ourselves against China? Is it time to dream up another cold war adversary now?How is it that everybody on the planet doesn't yet know that China has become the strongest, biggest economy in the world, and that they could bring the US to it's knees quick in a hurry with a margin call on our massive debt load, which they now own? Unlike us, they didn't bankrupt themselves by building and maintaining a mega military to go cavorting around the planet interfering with everyone elses business.

In other words, they were smart.

Meet the new boss.
I don't think that China is completely free of imperialist ambitions. It has its client-states.

I also gather that China spends a similar proportion of it's economy on building up it's military. It's just that they don't waste that much of the wealth of the country on things like paying wages sufficient to expand the middle class. From what I have seen, China's foray into capitalism has created its own wealth gap. A class of very rich is developing much faster than the middle class.

The low wage scale in China has contributed to the growing wealth gap and shrinking middle class in the United States as well. The multinationals headquartered here love the idea of a suppressed wage scale. The recession couldn't have come at a better time for that aim.

Regards,

D-Ray