View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
If I want to know what somebody is doing in their bedroom there are plenty of places to find that on the internet. IMHO everybody needs to mind their own business. In other words... I don't want to hear about what kind of sex you're having and I damn sure won't tell you about my personal life.
True, what others do in private is none of our business. That's the whole point. When I was in the military, and someone was dicovered to be gay, they would get severely beaten (And then thrown out of the military), and their attackers would get away with it. I witnessed this in person, on more than one occasion and it changed my views on such matters forever. This is not just wrong, IMO, it's evil.

I don't understand why they are gay, but I did notice that the beatings and subsequent discharge did nothing to change them. Nothng at all. Makes me think that maybe, just maybe---It's not always (Ever?) a matter of choice.

Anyone who volunteers to risk life and limb for this country deserves more respect than to be beaten and tossed out over something that I believe they may have no control over.

It isn't any of my business what others do in private. But, it becomes my business when I see them being physically abused with impunity. It becomes all of our business.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-13-2010 at 11:27 AM.