View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I find this fascinating, really. The selective indignation is stunning. We still have folks right here on this forum this still believe the Gabby Giffords shooter was inspired by Sarah Palin. The story ran ad naseum in the "mainstream" news. The NY Post ran a story headlining that "Giffords Blood was on Palin's Hands". There was ZERO evidence that the shooter saw or even cared about Palin's "target" ad. Didn't matter a whit, the story was debated in the press for weeks.

Yet you guys are all spun up about a few tweets. Amazing.
You're grasping at straws, dude. The has never been a presidential candidate with such a casual relationship, even contempt, for truth and facts. Trump's own surrogate proclaimed "there are no such thing as facts" as she defended her boss's incessant lying and forwarding of fake news tweets from Infowars and Breitbart (measure at ~75% of what he said - about triple any other candidate present or past). Then he hires one of the premier purveyors of fake news, Steve Bannon, as his key advisor while his national security advisor retweets verifiably fake news, the same fake news which caused some clown to shoot up a local pizza joint. Maybe I take it a bit personally that one of my preferred pizza places gets shot up by some asshole reacting to fake news distributed by, among others, the National Security Advisor and his chief of staff (and son). Unlike you, I expect more from the National Security Advisor.

As for it being just "a few tweets," how about ~30,000 tweets, in which the most frequently source for his retweets was Breitbart. For whatever reason, I expect the president to be a bit more discriminating as to the source of his "news." Meanwhile, he blows off intelligence briefings and defies the intelligence community when they show compelling evidence of Russian involvement in the election.

There's a reason why the Oxford Dictionary announced a couple weeks ago that "post-truth" was its 2016 word of the year and yer boy, The Donald, is the driving force behind that choice. I guess you're OK with him accusing Ted Cruz's father of conspiring to assassinate JFK - so very presidential of him. If it helps you sleep at night to believe that Trump is a virtuous, dignified person, have at it. I'll pass.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-07-2016 at 09:17 PM.