View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The real problem is that ignorant people do not realize they are ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
The bigger problem is that the ignorant people are in charge.
The biggest problem is that a certain political movement has erected a firewall against educating the ignorant;

A). "They think you're stupid.". "They" being the left. How can you reach someone who has been conditioned to believe that every time you attempt to share information with them, you're just being condescending?

B). "I've done very well with the undereducated.". Anti-intellectualism and the ridicule/demonization of "academia". Did you notice that it became a badge of honor to be ignorant when all of this was going on? Why would you want a college education when you think that all it does is brainwash you with "evil" liberal ideology? Notice, however, that the right wing leadership are all highly educated. As Orwell wrote; "Ignorance is Strength".

C). "The liberal media always lies.". Of course this leaves only Conservative media as an outlet of truth. Fox, EIB, Clear Channel, NewsMax, One America........ There is a host of them and it's growing. Nothing new to see here. "Lugenpresse", Google it up. My enemy always lies, therefore only I am the oracle of truth.

If you start talking and they think you're a "Liberal".....it doesn't matter what you say from that point on. They were never listening in the first place.

Firewall.

I could go on about how they've tied it to religion, machismo, patriotism.......... But, you guys already know all of this.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-05-2016 at 12:06 PM.