View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:44 PM

donquixote99,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is my rub with Prop 2 and how you have persuaded me to soften my position. My initial rub was that Prop 2 could seed another round of profiteering through advertising and political adversaries. Joe Public Michigan would be fascinated with the debate of the fallout and everyone would profit as the game played out. A redneck reduction of the situation might be, "who'da thunk it?". That is an expansion of my 16 becomes 17 worry given my software background.

Where you have struck me as a trustworthy source of opinion is not your opinion itself, but how you have presented it. We have been careful to not quote each other in this thread. Why? You may be courteous out of habit, but for me discussing a vote of this gravity has been a lifelong lesson of writing software and watching managers fight and profit over the bits. Prop 2 scares me as just another bit.

On the other hand you comfort me with your position that this is a dance and will not become another Hillary Clinton e-mail debacle. Hillary needed elbow room to discuss things in private. The law allowed for that. As I understand the law Hillary only needed to save e-mails related to writing legislation.

Not her e-mails related to the heartbreak of voting.

Thank you for taking votes seriously.