Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Great American Irony (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12025)

BlueStreak 10-12-2017 05:25 PM

The Great American Irony

How is that;

The same people who claim to distrust the government the most are the most willing to hand over their CHILDREN to the same government, when it beats the drums of war?

The same people who claim the government always lies to them, will support war..................without questioning why? (In fact, they'll hate your guts for speaking up.)

The ones who go on about their fear of a "tyrannical government" the most are the ones that favor militarized law enforcement?

Answer?

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...-just-stifling

Oerets 10-12-2017 07:21 PM

I've been a saying for a good awhile. The Right is in search of a Dictator. May have created one now.

Barney

donquixote99 10-12-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 362489)
I've been a saying for a good awhile. The Right is in search of a Dictator. May have created one now.

Barney

The Authoritarian Right segement sure is. They are all excited now because they think they might get one.

d-ray657 10-13-2017 07:29 AM

Are you saying that you don't think there should be an investigation about how unfair the press has been to Trump. There oughta be a law, I tell ya.

nailer 10-13-2017 07:38 AM

I think the press has been a bit unfair. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

Rajoo 10-13-2017 08:09 AM

When one can instill on the unsuspecting populace that truth is false and false is truth, that leads to a confused state of mind. Then they can be easily brainwashed. And this is what is happening to the 35%.

Dondilion 10-13-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 362504)
When one can instill on the unsuspecting populace that truth is false and false is truth, that leads to a confused state of mind. Then they can be easily brainwashed. And this is what is happening to the 35%.

What if they are of a certain disposition, culture?

What is happening here is reinforcement.

Rajoo 10-13-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 362505)
What if they are of a certain disposition, culture?

What is happening here is reinforcement.

I spent this last weekend with a very good friend and he is universally considered a decent guy and fairly well known locally. But he only watches Fox News since he is convinced that every other News outlet lies. He is also a Trump supporter extraordinaire, believes Obama was the worst president ever.

We avoid talking politics but on our drive back he did bring up the fact that both parties are fighting against Trump's reelection. When I pointed that he has been a disaster the first nine months, his answer was that the GOP has been working against Trump's agenda. Case closed. Shocker to me was that he is still a registered Democrat!

BTW, he meets the criteria for the cultural disposition. :)

MrPots 10-13-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 362504)

The right has been doing this for 20 years, calling things the opposite of what they really are. "The clean air" act that in reality allows corporations to dump twice as many toxins into the air, same with the "clean water act". The right knows that their base is dumber than a sack of hammers, they know their base hates education and knowledge, and they take full advantage of it.

sheltiedave 10-13-2017 06:04 PM

With a gutbucket base that hates education as a means to improve their lives, is it any wonder that they are the ones getting left (or right) behind?