Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Achilles (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=1796)

Achilles 10-07-2010 06:48 PM

Achilles

Hello, i'm sorry for not introducing myself beforehand but i had wanted to get a feel for the site. I was also scrolling to fast and did not see the introduction thread. Well to say things about myself would be easy since there is not much to me. I'm just a man who believes that the world we live in is slowly getting worse by the year and that the world is to split for there to be any real peaceful place to live. I dream of a world that is unified and that is one nation and not many, for if we were to lift the boundary then maybe just maybe we could finally find the true peace and equality that America at least once in its life time dreamed of trying to make.

BlueStreak 10-07-2010 11:21 PM

Welcome.

noonereal 10-08-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles (Post 41671)
Hello, i'm sorry for not introducing myself beforehand but i had wanted to get a feel for the site. I was also scrolling to fast and did not see the introduction thread. Well to say things about myself would be easy since there is not much to me. I'm just a man who believes that the world we live in is slowly getting worse by the year and that the world is to split for there to be any real peaceful place to live. I dream of a world that is unified and that is one nation and not many, for if we were to lift the boundary then maybe just maybe we could finally find the true peace and equality that America at least once in its life time dreamed of trying to make.

it will never happen. (the part about peace)

humans as a species have to many primal instincts that cannot be controlled for this to happen.

Welcome though,

Brother_Karl 10-08-2010 07:44 AM

Welcome to the forum :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles (Post 41671)
the world we live in is slowly getting worse by the year

Everyone always thinks that. Especially older people. Its because you're sheilded from so many things when you're younger. There is an account from a 15th century Monk, or something, which is basically him just going on about how the days youth are all acting much worse than his generation ever did and how all morals are being lost etc. People have always thought that kind of thing and they always will.

noonereal 10-08-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother_Karl (Post 41688)
Welcome to the forum :)

Everyone always thinks that. Especially older people. Its because you're sheilded from so many things when you're younger. There is an account from a 15th century Monk, or something, which is basically him just going on about how the days youth are all acting much worse than his generation ever did and how all morals are being lost etc. People have always thought that kind of thing and they always will.

excellent post my brother

finnbow 10-08-2010 08:37 AM

Been listening to Imagine by John Lennon?

Welcome, sir.

noonereal 10-08-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 41697)
Been listening to Imagine by John Lennon?

Welcome, sir.

I can remember going to Central Park after his shooting as a young man for 10 minutes of silence as requested by Yoko along with upwards of 250,000 others.

piece-itpete 10-08-2010 09:42 AM

Howdy :wave:

How's the Styx these days? :)

Pete

noonereal 10-08-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 41712)
Howdy :wave:

How's the Styx these days? :)

Pete

The band Styx?

I have never heard them.

Should I own some?

sanse 10-08-2010 11:55 AM

Hello Achilles.