Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Religion & Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3974)

Big_Bill 05-11-2012 12:48 AM

Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives?

AN INTERESTING READ :)

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...968042,00.html

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 01:01 AM

No. A liberal is no smarter than a conservative any more than a tortoise is more turtle like than a terapin.

BTW.....I did not open your link. I sense there are punjis at the bottom of that pit, you naughty boy.........

bobabode 05-11-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 101302)

Just click on the link that you provided BB and you'll see that you've answered your own question.:D

Big_Bill 05-11-2012 10:17 AM

Sorry gentlemen,

I do not know how that happened ???? But I corrected the link.

The results of this study seem fair and balanced, and I'm sure that those of you of the liberal persuasion will enjoy this ;)

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 11:05 AM

Ha, ha, ha......LMAO!!!!

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 11:32 AM

So, the synopsis is thus;

Cavemen were distrustfull of people with dissimilar genetic make-up (And so is the GOPs "mystery constituency" or "certain demographic" as it were.) They also believe staunchly in "survival of the fittest, natural selection"-----Social Darwinism basically, wherein the troop simply leaves the sick, physically/mentally inferior and elderly to die rather than be burdened with caring for them. Therefore, rightwingers, being as socially evolved as cavemen, are obviously---superior.

And if you dare to get all uppity and argue with them about it, they will become uncontrollably angry and beat the shyte out of you in gym class.

I see. Excellent article.

(Thank you for confirming my every suspicion about modern day conservatism.:))

piece-itpete 05-11-2012 11:39 AM

What??! I kick I say I kick your ass!!

:D

Pete

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 11:44 AM

"You don't need no slide rule boy! Here, lemme show ya how a real chicken does it!!!'

noonereal 05-11-2012 12:20 PM

We have had this debate here before. We all agreed that liberals are risk takers and more intellectually curious.
There is a place for both as risk taking can lead to failures which the conservative naturally protect against.
Both are needed for the successful proliferation of a tribe.

piece-itpete 05-11-2012 12:31 PM

Fair and middle of the road?? Now I'm really pissed!!

Pete

noonereal 05-11-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 101363)
Fair and middle of the road?? Now I'm really pissed!!

Pete

what we don't need are teabaggers. :p

d-ray657 05-11-2012 12:37 PM

I'm not sure about the innate intelligence of conservatives and liberals, but it seems to me that conservatives do a much better job of manipulating the simple-minded.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete 05-11-2012 12:49 PM

Boy, you must never have been down in the inner city d! Heck you can just head to the next OWS rally :p

Stop making me angry!

Hulk.

Mad! :D

Pete

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101367)
I'm not sure about the innate intelligence of conservatives and liberals, but it seems to me that conservatives do a much better job of manipulating the simple-minded.

Regards,

D-Ray

No s**t.

And, I like how it always starts with,

"When you tell _____ you believe ______ they're going to accuse you of being stupid. They think they're smarter than you."

Nice trick. Consider the mutifaceted psychological effects this has on the manipulated. It makes defending the idea a matter of personal pride and an imperitive to establishing and maintaining intellectual superiority----no matter how absurd, atrocious or self defeating the idea may actually be.

Patriotism is used in much the same way, except it uses shame as a motivating factor as well......."We are True Patriots (Good Germans), fighting to save America (The Fatherland). If you don't get with the program, you don't love your country. You're a traitor."----and no one wants to be seen as a traitor, do they? Of course not, it's a terribly shameful thing. Just like increasing taxes on the wealthy is now "theft" or "punishing success" (A shameful thing) but finding ways to squeeze more out of the lower income brackets is good because they're just "losers" or "parasites" anyways (Both shameful things.).

;)

djv8ga 05-11-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101367)

Regards,

D-Ray

Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!!!
If that were true, we would win every election.

piece-itpete 05-11-2012 02:03 PM

Hope and Change ;)

Pete

djv8ga 05-11-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 101400)
Hope and Change ;)

Pete

Friggin great. :(

icenine 05-11-2012 03:17 PM

Yes we are smarter...we do not spell California with a K!

djv8ga 05-11-2012 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 101413)
Yes we are smarter...we do not spell California with a K!

Really? I bet this movie wan't made by Rightys! :D

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 03:47 PM

Juliet Lewis is hot........

Charles 05-11-2012 03:47 PM

I'm so stupid I think it's all a crock of shit.

Chas

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 03:52 PM

It is a crock of shit. Conservatives and Liberals fighting over which one is dumber is akin to a fist fight on the short bus.

noonereal 05-11-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 101425)
I'm so stupid I think it's all a crock of shit.

Chas

Friday night, great time to sit out back with the neighbor and solve the worlds problems.

;)

djv8ga 05-11-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 101432)
Friday night, great time to sit out back with the neighbor and solve the worlds problems.

;)

It's too hot for that. :(

noonereal 05-11-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 101433)
It's too hot for that. :(

Not here. We would need to light one of those backyard fires to sit out tonight.

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 101434)
Not here. We would need to light one of those backyard fires to sit out tonight.

Just don't pull out the stiff one-eye on him. He'll shoot you.

djv8ga 05-11-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 101434)

Even if we wanted a fire, its a "No Burn Day" which means the government will come to your house and write you a big ticket.

d-ray657 05-11-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 101439)
Even if we wanted a fire, its a "No Burn Day" which means the government will come to your house and write you a big ticket.

You sure it's not enforced by the HOA? :eek:

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode 05-11-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

What? When did California take over Acridzona? There's an AQMD in Maricopa? Big balls Joe has nothing better to do than to write you a ticket for a bonfire.
Must've been that evil Clean Air Act the Federals shoved down everybodys throat.

Rex E. 05-11-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101456)

Regards,

D-Ray

Nope...no HOA here. The po-po will be sent out to write you a nice ticket. Then another one if you use a hose to put it out.....ahh....the duality of gubmint....

djv8ga 05-11-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101456)

Regards,

D-Ray

No. Again it's the worthless EPA hating on us because they think the desert shouldn't have any dust blowing around. Typical Lefty logic.

Big_Bill 05-12-2012 12:39 AM

It is wonderful to see how well a thread can go, when you show liberals something that they agree with :)

But in all honesty, this study was the kindest to the conservatives that I could find ! The others were far less complementary in their opinions of conservatives ?

What I found surprising was the statement that the average Conservatives had an I.Q. of 95, and the average liberal had an I.Q. of 106 ? Not that much of a difference, but enough, interesting ?

BlueStreak 05-12-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 101567)
It is wonderful to see how well a thread can go, when you show liberals something that they agree with :)

But in all honesty, this study was the kindest to the conservatives that I could find ! The others were far less complementary in their opinions of conservatives ?

What I found surprising was the statement that the average Conservatives had an I.Q. of 95, and the average liberal had an I.Q. of 106 ? Not that much of a difference, but enough, interesting ?

Wow! So 112 would be.....

But, then again that was highschool----several head injuries, 11,000 gallons of beer, three pounds of weed and several hits of Purple MicroDot ago.

BlueStreak 05-12-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex E. (Post 101543)
Nope...no HOA here. The po-po will be sent out to write you a nice ticket. Then another one if you use a hose to put it out.....ahh....the duality of gubmint....

Quote:

Same here in VA. And, I've gotten one of those tickets. But, first the cop made me get the garden hose and put it out. Then, he writes the ticket. Afterwards, he tells me if someone had called the fire department, not only would I have gotten a ticket, but I would be paying the city for the firemens time as well.

I miss my burn barrel.

d-ray657 05-12-2012 07:30 AM

The measurement of intelligence is inexact at best. On the other hand, most of us can recognize it when we see it (and the lack thereof).

I haven't lived in a place where you can burn trash since I was a kid, although our house does have a little incinerator in the chimney. We have a tree that shreds so many branches that I could have a bonfire about once a month.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander 05-12-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 101579)
Wow! So 112 would be.....

But, then again that was highschool----several head injuries, 11,000 gallons of beer, three pounds of weed and several hits of Purple MicroDot ago.

It is generally accepted that college entrance signifies an IQ of 120.

merrylander 05-12-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101583)
The measurement of intelligence is inexact at best. On the other hand, most of us can recognize it when we see it (and the lack thereof).

I haven't lived in a place where you can burn trash since I was a kid, although our house does have a little incinerator in the chimney. We have a tree that shreds so many branches that I could have a bonfire about once a month.

Regards,

D-Ray

The problem is that there are so many different tests that the number they provide is irrelevant. Where the results fall on the standard Gaussian distribution is much more significant.

Tell me about fallen branches, the first mowing in spring is a chore; stop the tractor, jump off, toss the branch ito the woods . . .

d-ray657 05-12-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 101590)
It is generally accepted that college entrance signifies an IQ of 120.

That sounds a little high to me. IIRC, 120 puts one in the top quintile, and more than 20% of HS seniors attend college.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal 05-12-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101596)
That sounds a little high to me. IIRC, 120 puts one in the top quintile, and more than 20% of HS seniors attend college.

Regards,

D-Ray

when I received my IQ number it was written in crayon :rolleyes:

whell 05-12-2012 09:30 AM

Here's what liberal intellect looks like to me:

http://www.calbuzz.com/wp-content/up...cy-240x300.jpg

:p:D