Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Religion & Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3974)

noonereal 05-11-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 101363)
Fair and middle of the road?? Now I'm really pissed!!

:D

Pete

what we don't need are teabaggers. :p

d-ray657 05-11-2012 12:37 PM

I'm not sure about the innate intelligence of conservatives and liberals, but it seems to me that conservatives do a much better job of manipulating the simple-minded.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete 05-11-2012 12:49 PM

Boy, you must never have been down in the inner city d! Heck you can just head to the next OWS rally :p

Stop making me angry!

Hulk.

Mad! :D

Pete

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101367)
I'm not sure about the innate intelligence of conservatives and liberals, but it seems to me that conservatives do a much better job of manipulating the simple-minded.

Regards,

D-Ray

No s**t.

And, I like how it always starts with,

"When you tell _____ you believe ______ they're going to accuse you of being stupid. They think they're smarter than you."

Nice trick. Consider the mutifaceted psychological effects this has on the manipulated. It makes defending the idea a matter of personal pride and an imperitive to establishing and maintaining intellectual superiority----no matter how absurd, atrocious or self defeating the idea may actually be.

Patriotism is used in much the same way, except it uses shame as a motivating factor as well......."We are True Patriots (Good Germans), fighting to save America (The Fatherland). If you don't get with the program, you don't love your country. You're a traitor."----and no one wants to be seen as a traitor, do they? Of course not, it's a terribly shameful thing. Just like increasing taxes on the wealthy is now "theft" or "punishing success" (A shameful thing) but finding ways to squeeze more out of the lower income brackets is good because they're just "losers" or "parasites" anyways (Both shameful things.).

;)

djv8ga 05-11-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 101367)

Regards,

D-Ray

Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!!!
If that were true, we would win every election.

piece-itpete 05-11-2012 02:03 PM

Hope and Change ;)

Pete

djv8ga 05-11-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 101400)
Hope and Change ;)

Pete

Friggin great. :(

icenine 05-11-2012 03:17 PM

Yes we are smarter...we do not spell California with a K!

djv8ga 05-11-2012 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 101413)
Yes we are smarter...we do not spell California with a K!

Really? I bet this movie wan't made by Rightys! :D

BlueStreak 05-11-2012 03:47 PM

Juliet Lewis is hot........