Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Watergate II? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11681)

Noogies 05-09-2017 10:11 PM

Watergate II?

With Comey's demise, is anybody else experiencing a creepy kind of nostalgia?

donquixote99 05-09-2017 10:39 PM

This feels different to me. Worse.

When Nixon did his firing of Archibald Cox (and all that entailed), I had more of a feeling that he had basically sealed his own fate--it might take a while, but he was done.

The Trump saga is still less certain to me. For one thing, we've got a much worse bunch of Republicans on the Hill. Makes a big difference.

bobabode 05-09-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noogies (Post 353281)
With Comey's demise, is anybody else experiencing a creepy kind of nostalgia?

Yep, I remember the Saturday Night Massacre. While I don't shed one tear for Comey, the way Trump fired him was shabby and despicable. He learned that he was fired during a speech at the LA headquarters of the FBI by seeing it splashed across a TV screen.

Anyone who believes the official reason they trotted out has rocks in their head. This was all about ending the investigation into Russia and Trump. This action will have the opposite effect, imo.

Chicks 05-09-2017 11:05 PM

Schumer supposedly going to try to start impeachment proceedings tomorrow morning, 9:30 sharp. Not sure he can do anything without repube support. Hope so.

Noogies 05-10-2017 01:49 AM

"Repube" -- Chicks, are you funnin' us?

HarmanKardon 05-10-2017 02:24 AM

But publishing Clinton emails last October had been a fine job, right, Mr. Arsch President?

Dondilion 05-10-2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 353285)
Schumer supposedly going to try to start impeachment proceedings tomorrow morning, 9:30 sharp. Not sure he can do anything without repube support. Hope so.

laughable. Impeachment after the firing of Comey. Comey--the most inept FBI Director, a man heavily disliked by both sides.

Initiated by Schumer. :D

donquixote99 05-10-2017 06:23 AM

Impeachment is right and correct. This is clearly a cover-up, and you don't cover-up nothing. Trump has painted himself guilty.

But this is circumstantial evidence. However clear the logic of it, direct evidence will be needed to make impeachment stick. So Schumer is a little premature. Right, but premature.

HarmanKardon 05-10-2017 06:34 AM

From the far distance - across the pond - it looks like another attempt of Trump to successfully castrate the American democray.

MrPots 05-10-2017 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 353290)
Impeachment is right and correct. This is clearly a cover-up, and you don't cover-up nothing. Trump has painted himself guilty.

But this is circumstantial evidence. However clear the logic of it, direct evidence will be needed to make impeachment stick. So Schumer is a little premature. Right, but premature.

One way to ensure there never is any evidence against you is to fire everyone investigating you...Comey, Bharara, Yates.....

Republicans, lousy crooks, all of them.