Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cold calling in today's world! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=8262)

Oerets 10-16-2014 09:17 PM

Cold calling in today's world!

Just spent a few hours calling off a list of Union members for ALG KY Senate run and the other Democrats. Geez 90% or more were no answers going to machines. People screening calls, and we did not leave messages.

In this day and age calling home phones from a list of any kind seems like a waste of time. Retooling time maybe??

Some of the people were interesting that I did talk to. Racism is alive and well in KY! Surprising how many people in their 60's and older hate the ACA and the man who proposed it, will not use their words for him. But are they are on Medicare, a government program.:confused:

Barney

donquixote99 10-16-2014 09:29 PM

A campaign contact, even in person, let alone by phone, is not going to flip anyone's vote. The only worthwhile purpose for such contacts is to identify your supporters for election-day get-out-the-vote contact. If that wasn't what you were doing, the whole thing was pointless IMHO.

And yes, the number of unabashed racists encountered as one approaches and crosses the Ohio river is always amazing, no matter how aware one may be of it already.

Oerets 10-16-2014 09:55 PM

That was basically the purpose but we were to try and talk the issues if the contact was wishy washy on who they liked. Everyone I did talk to was going to vote. Very strong opinions and had made up their minds long ago.

Also they wanted more to volunteer so that was on the sheet to ask too.

Barney

bobabode 10-16-2014 10:46 PM

Good for you my friend. It's tough work that you and your wife are doing :).

Oerets 10-16-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 244923)
Good for you my friend. It's tough work that you and your wife are doing :).

Hey they had free food and beer!

Barney

bobabode 10-16-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 244924)
Hey they had free food and beer!

Barney

Lucky dog! :D We got to see my UBEW union thug of a brother and his charming wife from Memphis, Tennessee this past weekend. He drinks that sour mash stuff strained through old tennis shoes. Blech!

Time for me and the missus to sit through a refresher course given by the Registrar of Voters here, no beer. :(

Oerets 10-16-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 244925)
Lucky dog! :D We got to see my UBEW union thug of a brother and his charming wife from Memphis, Tennessee this past weekend. He drinks that sour mash stuff strained through old tennis shoes. Blech!

Time for me and the missus to sit through a refresher course given by the Registrar of Voters here, no beer. :(

The CWA is a GREAT Union! The beer was supplied by a fellow member. I passed just ate the Bar B Q and had water. To much other stuff going on ya know!

Barney

bobabode 10-17-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 244926)
The CWA is a GREAT Union! The beer was supplied by a fellow member. I passed just ate the Bar B Q and had water. To much other stuff going on ya know!

Barney

Yup. Every single vote counts, no matter what anyone thinks. We both kicked in a little to Alison's campaign.

Ditch Mitch!

Oerets 10-17-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 244927)
Yup. Every single vote counts, no matter what anyone thinks. We both kicked in a little to Alison's campaign.

Ditch Mitch!

Us too!

Going back in a few days for some more fun.

Barney

bobabode 10-17-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 244928)
Us too!

Going back in a few days for some more fun.

Barney

Right on Barney!