Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Global political discussions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One less psycho dictator - King Jong Il is a warm place. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3389)

Bigerik 12-18-2011 09:47 PM

One less psycho dictator - King Jong Il is a warm place.

Apparently the "Dear Leader" has kicked the bucket. Likely exciting times in Korea now. Will his son actually take over? Time for a coup? Revolution?

We live in interesting times...

neophyte 12-18-2011 10:58 PM

warm place? crematorium?

his son has been groomed, and the groundwork laid for this event. I wouldn't expect very much change very soon, if at all. it's a militocracy

Bigerik 12-19-2011 06:14 AM

A very warm place, actually. Like burning in hell.

Combwork 12-19-2011 07:05 AM

BBC News

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 83404)
Apparently the "Dear Leader" has kicked the bucket. Likely exciting times in Korea now. Will his son actually take over? Time for a coup? Revolution?

We live in interesting times...

According to BBC news the son is taking over but it's more like our Royal family; revered by some but with little real power.

Although talked about as "Dear Leader" it's the military that pull the strings and unless the majority of the population go into open revolt, I can't see that changing anytime soon.

neophyte 12-19-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 83406)
A very warm place, actually. Like burning in hell.

oh, ok, you meant the afterlife thing. never fell for that whole bit, or the zombie routine, either.

I sure hope things there take a radical turn for the better with this guy gone, though.

BlueStreak 12-19-2011 08:14 AM

Did you guys get a load of all of those weeping people? I mean, WTF, wasn't this guy like, a ruthless dictator? I can't help but wonder how real the tears were. As in, do they really feel that way? Or is it because the cameras are rolling and anyone seen being happy or indifferent about the old bastards death would end up getting tortured, imprisoned or both? My guess is the latter.

Dave

d-ray657 12-19-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 83409)
Did you guys get a load of all of those weeping people? I mean, WTF, wasn't this guy like, a ruthless dictator? I can't help but wonder how real the tears were. As in, do they really feel that way? Or is it because the cameras are rolling and anyone seen being happy or indifferent about the old bastards death would end up getting tortured, imprisoned or both? My guess is the latter.

Dave

They were conditioned to think of him as a near deity. I've read stories of people going to prison because they set a coffee cup down on his picture. You know way too many people have a low BS awareness (an essential factor in the success of Fox News). There are probably millions who bought into his official fatherly image. I don't doubt that many of the tears were real.

Still, this hasn't been a very good year for dictators, has it?

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow 12-19-2011 08:57 AM

I hear Donald Trump may be scheduling a debate for all the dictator wannabees.

Bigerik 12-19-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 83412)
I hear Donald Trump may be scheduling a debate for all the dictator wannabees.

Wouldn't that have been the GOP debate? :)

Bigerik 12-19-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 83408)
oh, ok, you meant the afterlife thing. never fell for that whole bit, or the zombie routine, either.

I sure hope things there take a radical turn for the better with this guy gone, though.

Not pushing one ideology or another. Just like the idea of him down there.... :)