Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   "E-wave" project-Done at last. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3803)

BlueStreak 03-27-2012 08:59 PM

"E-wave" project-Done at last.

2 Attachment(s)
Feel privileged, you losers are the first to get a peak at the long awaited unveiling.

Two months in the making and a hundred or so over budget, But, still less than $500 for the pair, my "econowave" project is finally finished.

There is still a little tweaking to do. It sounds like they need a little more internal damping and bracing, but otherwise the sound is beyond expectations.

I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting, so, I had to fit everything up in the garage, break it down into sub-assemblies, then reassemble in the living room.

So, what do you guys think of my workmanship? The tweeter baffles appear out of square, but their really not. It's an optical illusion caused by the grain of the wood. (African Mahogany).

Dave

BlueStreak 03-27-2012 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More pics.....

BlueStreak 03-27-2012 09:08 PM

The Altec drivers I had on hand and had to use the Selenium adapters. So, once finances permit, I might buy the recommended Selenium driver. Or maybe not, those old Alnico drivers do have a sweet, abeit somewhat rolled off, sound. We shall see.

bobabode 03-27-2012 09:21 PM

Those look excellent! What's the LF driver?

BlueStreak 03-27-2012 09:29 PM

Dayton PA380 15". Not a bad woofer for $80. China, of course.:(, But even many of the more expensive ones were made there too. Unless I wanted to blow $1k on JBLs. But, that's WAY over budget. The Eminence woofers are mostly made in the USA, but, none had the specs to fit this box......

Dave

Rex E. 03-27-2012 10:29 PM

Very nice, Dave!

I'd like to hear them and the pad looks cool as well. I just recently sold off most of my E-Wave rig.

How do you like them?

epifanatic 03-27-2012 10:44 PM

Outstanding, I'd love to hear them. Great work!

BlueStreak 03-27-2012 11:06 PM

Thanks!

If you guys weren't so flippin' far away, I'd have y'all over in a heartbeat. I only know of two AK guys in my immediate area, and they are always "too busy".

Dave

bhunter 03-28-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 95644)
Feel privileged, you losers are the first to get a peak at the long awaited unveiling.

Two months in the making and a hundred or so over budget, But, still less than $500 for the pair, my "econowave" project is finally finished.

There is still a little tweaking to do. It sounds like they need a little more internal damping and bracing, but otherwise the sound is beyond expectations.

I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting, so, I had to fit everything up in the garage, break it down into sub-assemblies, then reassemble in the living room.

So, what do you guys think of my workmanship? The tweeter baffles appear out of square, but their really not. It's an optical illusion caused by the grain of the wood. (African Mahogany).

Dave

Those look great! Now be careful moving them around in your present condition. How do you like them compared to the Vandys?

merrylander 03-28-2012 07:19 AM

Excellent Dave.