Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Affordable Care Act (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6290)

bobabode 10-01-2013 12:15 PM

The Affordable Care Act

Had one million hits on the website before 7:00am today.

BlueStreak 10-01-2013 12:40 PM

Of course. Obamacare may be a bit enigmatic, but we're all aware that what it's replacing sucks.

Dave

icenine 10-01-2013 01:32 PM

Hey did the world end yet?

bobabode 10-01-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 174137)
Hey did the world end yet?

Nope but it did slow down in it's orbit, imperceptibly.:rolleyes:

icenine 10-01-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 174140)
Nope but it did slow down in it's orbit, imperceptibly.:rolleyes:

tin foil cap batteries still charged I see;)

whell 10-01-2013 02:09 PM

"Uninsured Americans around the country showed up at health centers and logged onto government Web sites Tuesday morning in hopes of being among the first to sign up for coverage under the president’s health-care law, but many ran into technical glitches that prevented them from enrolling."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...35e_print.html

Ho hum. Nothing new to see here. Let's move along.

icenine 10-01-2013 02:13 PM

Mike quit whistling past the graveyard....go listen to your nice tube amp it will make the day go better;)

bobabode 10-01-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 174145)
"Uninsured Americans around the country showed up at health centers and logged onto government Web sites Tuesday morning in hopes of being among the first to sign up for coverage under the president’s health-care law, but many ran into technical glitches that prevented them from enrolling."

Always the glass is half empty with you, eh Mike?:rolleyes:

bobabode 10-01-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 174142)
tin foil cap batteries still charged I see;)

Yeh, it's all those whirlygig imaging machines you guys use doing it...:rolleyes:

d-ray657 10-01-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Because all the tech guys are furloughed.

Regard,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 10-01-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 174149)
Always the glass is half empty with you, eh Mike?:rolleyes:

He lives in Detroit, not exactly the land of sunshine and giddy optimism.:rolleyes:

bobabode 10-01-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 174156)
He lives in Detroit, not exactly the land of sunshine and giddy optimism.:rolleyes:

He's doing OK. He lives in Livonia...:rolleyes:

whell 10-01-2013 03:00 PM

I work for a very large company that electronically processes millions of transactions a week. I wonder what our customers would think if we told them one day that they couldn't access our systems to input their payroll because of a "glitch".

No, I'd rather not think about it.

BlueStreak 10-01-2013 03:07 PM

ADP?

Dave

bobabode 10-01-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

No problems reported in my state, Mike. The website is up and running nicely.:)

bobabode 10-01-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 174161)
ADP?

Dave

PayPal?;)

CarlV 10-01-2013 04:53 PM

Let him have his only joy in life. No more Obamascare tactics, Teabaggers shut down Gov't for no valid reason and the stock market went up a little not down lol.

Carl

mpholland 10-01-2013 06:59 PM

A bit OT here, but why does the glass have to be half empty or half full? Why can't it just be half a glass?

Carry on...

d-ray657 10-01-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 174194)
A bit OT here, but why does the glass have to be half empty or half full? Why can't it just be half a glass?

Carry on...

Dude, didn't you know that it is against the rules to actually think about a figure of speech. :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Rajoo 10-01-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 174158)
I work for a very large company that electronically processes millions of transactions a week. I wonder what our customers would think if we told them one day that they couldn't access our systems to input their payroll because of a "glitch".

No, I'd rather not think about it.

But your company's budget does not get jerked around or workers furloughed by the US Congress. Nor can it get shut down by an act of congress. Not a very good analogy.

BlueStreak 10-01-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 174194)

Carry on...

Half a glass of what? Air or liquid?

Rex E. 10-01-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 174206)

would it be just a small glass? and if so how small....what is this half a glass :D

mpholland 10-01-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 174206)

Why do I feel like a King Arthur being asked about the air speed velocity of laden swallows?

BlueStreak 10-01-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 174209)
Why do I feel like a King Arthur being asked about the air speed velocity of laden swallows?

The answer to that is ZERO.. There is no way a European Swallow can lift a coconut. Now, the African Swallow.............

Rex E. 10-01-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 174209)

African or English...

:D

mpholland 10-01-2013 08:19 PM

Perzactly!

Rex E. 10-01-2013 08:22 PM

"Follow the gourd!"

"No, follow the shoe!"

:D

whell 10-01-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 174205)
But your company's budget does not get jerked around or workers furloughed by the US Congress. Nor can it get shut down by an act of congress. Not a very good analogy.

You're right. Bad analogy. Our customers can take their business elsewhere if they choose. With Obamacare, you still have to pay even if you choose not to buy the product. And if we lose customers we loose money. With the government, I can't help but notice that they will still be accepting taxes even when they're shut down. :rolleyes:

BlueStreak 10-01-2013 09:52 PM

Private companies will come and go as virtually all of them are built on the shifting sands of the "free market"...........

Rest assured, for better or worse, we will always have the government.

Dave

bobabode 10-01-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 174223)
You're right. Bad analogy. Our customers can take their business elsewhere if they choose. With Obamacare, you still have to pay even if you choose not to buy the product. And if we lose customers we loose money. With the government, I can't help but notice that they will still be accepting taxes even when they're shut down. :rolleyes:

Losing argument, Mike.

Dondilion 10-01-2013 10:39 PM

Obama today was very effective based on the reaction of the locals.

Everyone was blasting the repubs.

It is rare that I get this uniformity from my local street lawyers.

bobabode 10-01-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 174232)
Obama today was very effective based on the reaction of the locals.

Everyone was blasting the repubs.

It is rare that I get this uniformity from my local street lawyers.

They're right, my friend.

The repubs suck at this game, buncha idiota pendejos.;)

Rajoo 10-02-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 174223)

Are you for every expenditure that our government incurs using your tax dollars? So why pick on Obamacare?

Obamacare is a hastily drawn act and no one really understands it even now. So it the the duty of the legislature to negotiate and whittle away the bad parts and make it workable. Shutting down the government just because a small group does not like it is political terrorism. You do realize that if Boehner allows the congress to vote on the CR as drafted by the Senate, it will pass? Instead he is held hostage by the TP. I read somewhere that the best Boehner could do is to allow a vote in Congress, let the act pass and then resign his leadership. Now that would be real leadership.

Rajoo 10-02-2013 01:07 AM

Here is a well written letter to an editor on this topic:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion...972ffa00c.html

"The House claims that the law is hurting millions of Americans. What, pray tell, does shutting down the government do to help the millions of Americans caught in the middle of this fight?"

merrylander 10-02-2013 06:29 AM

Let me put this a succinctly as possible - I would sooner vote for a sexual deviant as vote for a republican

bobabode 10-02-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 174242)
Here is a well written letter to an editor on this topic:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion...972ffa00c.html

"The House claims that the law is hurting millions of Americans. What, pray tell, does shutting down the government do to help the millions of Americans caught in the middle of this fight?"

They're sadistic nihilists?;)

bobabode 10-02-2013 03:13 PM

Holy crap! Five million hits at California's exchange.

"Kicking off a historic healthcare expansion, California's new insurance market stumbled out of the gate with computer glitches, long hold times and an online enrollment delay for small businesses.
Still, many consumers rushed to get coverage Tuesday when enrollment opened nationwide as part of President Obama's Affordable Care Act. It was a rocky start for many government-run insurance exchanges across the country as computers froze and online enrollment was postponed for several hours.
In California, officials nonetheless took heart at the stronger-than-expected response: about 5 million online hits and more than 17,000 calls."

http://www.latimes.com/health/health...,4856547.story

finnbow 10-02-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 174324)
Holy crap! Five million hits at California's exchange.

"Kicking off a historic healthcare expansion, California's new insurance market stumbled out of the gate with computer glitches, long hold times and an online enrollment delay for small businesses.
Still, many consumers rushed to get coverage Tuesday when enrollment opened nationwide as part of President Obama's Affordable Care Act. It was a rocky start for many government-run insurance exchanges across the country as computers froze and online enrollment was postponed for several hours.
In California, officials nonetheless took heart at the stronger-than-expected response: about 5 million online hits and more than 17,000 calls."

http://www.latimes.com/health/health...,4856547.story

It's ending up being the GOP's worst dream. 10 million unique visitors to PPACA websites yesterday. Much of the public seems to want Obamacare after all. Their balloon is deflating.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...ebsite-2013-10

Charles 10-02-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 174325)
It's ending up being the GOP's worst dream. 10 million unique visitors to PPACA websites yesterday. Much of the public seems to want Obamacare after all. Their balloon is deflating.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...ebsite-2013-10

Bunch of rubber necks looking at the train wreck.

Chas

bobabode 10-02-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 174327)
Bunch of rubber necks looking at the train wreck.

Chas

Mebbe so. We'll have to wait until mid November when our exchange publishes some real numbers on enrollment. Dollars to donutz it'll be huge and nothing at all like a train wreck.:)