Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Israel has invaded Gaza... (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7873)

Zeke 07-17-2014 03:01 PM

Israel has invaded Gaza...

Israel has invaded Gaza, per news ticker beneath British Open re-run.

I have no data...

Dondilion 07-17-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 231330)
Israel has invaded Gaza, per news ticker beneath British Open re-run.

I have no data...

Yeah! That was coming. Hamas is dumb.

finnbow 07-17-2014 03:46 PM

Hamas is fighting strictly to maintain relevance. It's hard to be relevant when you're dead though.

BlueStreak 07-17-2014 03:59 PM

Israelis need their "Lebensraum", I guess?

Dave

donquixote99 07-17-2014 05:00 PM

There is nothing in Gaza that Israel needs. This is just because the rockets piss them off.

Now they will kill a bunch of people in Gaza, so the Gazians will stay pissed, and shoot some more rockets, in a while....

finnbow 07-17-2014 05:41 PM

I just spoke to my son in Tel Aviv (he works with the State Dep't). He just returned from 10 days in Spain and Germany (he left for Spain before the shit hit the fan) and says that Tel Aviv is pretty quiet on the streets. Everybody is still going to work normally in Tel Aviv. Down the coast in Ashdod and Ashkelon, normal life is impacted quite a bit more. Tel Aviv is in a bubble and probably safer than any city any of us live in or near.

JJIII 07-17-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 231360)
I just spoke to my son in Tel Aviv (he works with the State Dep't). He just returned from 10 days in Spain and Germany (he left for Spain before the shit hit the fan) and says that Tel Aviv is pretty quiet on the streets. Everybody is still going to work normally in Tel Aviv. Down the coast in Ashdod and Ashkelon, normal life is impacted quite a bit more. Tel Aviv is in a bubble and probably safer than any city any of us live in or near.

I pray you're right.

Dondilion 07-17-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 231355)
There is nothing in Gaza that Israel needs. This is just because the rockets piss them off.

Now they will kill a bunch of people in Gaza, so the Gazians will stay pissed, and shoot some more rockets, in a while....

So why shoot rockets, if you are in such a weak position.

Rajoo 07-17-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 231371)

Islamic terrorism since Hamas is part of an international Islamist movement (Muslim Brotherhood?). Hamas does not recognize Israel and was democratically elected thus giving them legitimacy.

Shooting rockets at Israeli civilians is all they can do as a mark of their jihad.

donquixote99 07-17-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 231371)

Because if you don't, you fear you will lose power to people who will, because the populace contains a whole lot of pissed young men, who are the least logical of all humans.

You ever look at the demographics of Gaza?