Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics and the Environment (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   For the first time in 3 decades (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10170)

Grumpy 02-01-2016 09:21 AM

For the first time in 3 decades

I am considering not voting. Its tearing me up since I have always felt it my civic duty. Just cannot vote for any of the candidates we have. They are all a joke...

Grumpy

MrPots 02-01-2016 09:37 AM

I know some folks would chastise you for that. I also will not vote if there is no one running that I believe in. I don't much go in for voting the lessor of two evils.

Dondilion 02-01-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 299730)
I am considering not voting. Its tearing me up since I have always felt it my civic duty. Just cannot vote for any of the candidates we have. They are all a joke...

Grumpy

IT means that Trump has done a great job...by his not so PC approach, he has blown up the establishment.

BlueStreak 02-01-2016 09:47 AM

I think we all know how THAT feels.

However, I WILL vote for what I believe is the lesser of two evils.

BlueStreak 02-01-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 299735)
IT means that Trump has done a great job...by his not so PC approach, he has blown up the establishment.

This whole "anti-PC" thing the right tosses about amuses me. Because, sometimes what they complain about isn't a matter of "political correctness" at all, it's just common decency. Besides, they have plenty of "political correctness" of their own.

Grumpy 02-01-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 299735)

Its not just Trump. All of them suck big black donkey balls !

Maybe a decent Indy contender will come along. Would be wasting my vote but least id vote..

MrPots 02-01-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 299740)
This whole "anti-PC" thing the right tosses about amuses me. Because, sometimes what they complain about isn't a matter of "political correctness" at all, it's just common decency. Besides, they have plenty of "political correctness" of their own.

I don't see much common decency in the GOP. Hate and intolerance is all they spew....

Pio1980 02-01-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 299730)

Grumpy

Thank you for your candor, Dave.
The wingnuts have pushed the GOP so far to the extreme that it's center is on the border of what used to be considered the extreme. The term "conservative" is pushed so hard and overused to the point that many otherwise rational folk consider it a synonym for asshole, and will likely vote based on that perception. I myself now vote straight ticket because of unintentionally sending onesuch to Washington DC based on what was admittedly bad advice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Grumpy 02-01-2016 10:12 AM

For decades I was a straight ticket voter. That changed many elections ago. Much harder on a voter like me to find candidates.

BlueStreak 02-01-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 299744)
I don't see much common decency in the GOP. Hate and intolerance is all they spew....

That wasn't the point. They spew hate and intolerance to drown out what THEY consider "political correctness". It's not "political correctness" to say that racism exists, excessive greed and exploitation is a bad thing or that it's wrong to mock people who suffer from neuro-muscular disorders. It's just common decency.

These people have gotten so wrapped up in their A-hole Crusade they have lost sight of that.