Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Todays Question. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=2989)

Combwork 09-16-2011 02:05 PM

Todays Question.

Does anyone here know how high the bits of a supermarket strawberry trifle bounce when it's dropped on the floor? I do. So does the dark-skinned girl standing beside me. She ended up looking like Al Jolson.

It was only after I'd settled on the bus for the one hour trip home when I found the cellophane on top of the garlic potatoes had split.

I don't know whether it was the stink of garlic or the bits of trifle I was wearing, but on a crowded bus I had a whole bench seat to myself.

Charles 09-16-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combwork (Post 73382)
Does anyone here know how high the bits of a supermarket strawberry trifle bounce when it's dropped on the floor? I do. So does the dark-skinned girl standing beside me. She ended up looking like Al Jolson.

It was only after I'd settled on the bus for the one hour trip home when I found the cellophane on top of the garlic potatoes had split.

I don't know whether it was the stink of garlic or the bits of trifle I was wearing, but on a crowded bus I had a whole bench seat to myself.

You must be doing something right.

I'd stick with it until I had the whole bus to myself.

Chas

Combwork 09-17-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 73390)
You must be doing something right.

I'd stick with it until I had the whole bus to myself.

Chas

Thanks Chas but I think I'll pass. My reputation as the local eccentric doesn't need more fuel:D

d-ray657 09-17-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combwork (Post 73429)
Thanks Chas but I think I'll pass. My reputation as the local eccentric doesn't need more fuel:D

Do your neighbors know that you regularly correspond with Yanks?

Regards,

D-Ray

Combwork 09-18-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 73437)
Do your neighbors know that you regularly correspond with Yanks?

Regards,

D-Ray

I reckon what I do at night with the curtains closed is my business, not theirs:D

Bigerik 09-18-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combwork (Post 73478)
I reckon what I do at night with the curtains closed is my business, not theirs:D

Talking like a democrat there! The right likes to tell you what you can do with your curtains closed.... :)

Charles 09-18-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 73479)
Talking like a democrat there! The right likes to tell you what you can do with your curtains closed.... :)

And the left simply wants to tell you what you can do the rest of the time!!!

Myself, I tell people that if you leave me alone, then I'll leave you alone.

Chas

Combwork 09-19-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 73483)
And the left simply wants to tell you what you can do the rest of the time!!!

Myself, I tell people that if you leave me alone, then I'll leave you alone.

Chas

"Myself, I tell people that if you leave me alone, then I'll leave you alone.

Chas"

Good attitude. One thing a friend of mine in New England told me is that the basic difference between the UK and the USA is that in the USA if the authorities want to stop you doing something it's up to them to make their case; the citizen does not have to ask their permission.

Case in point. I was in Florida a few years back and got talking with a local driver. He told me that even on the roads apart from state-wide speed limits, the rule was if it doesn't say you can't, you can.

merrylander 09-20-2011 07:27 AM

Even if it does say you can't they do it anyway - it's the Eeleventh Commandment - Don't get caught.