Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Unemployed...... (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=891)

Kamakiri 02-13-2010 10:56 AM

Unemployed......

I now join their ranks, after ten years at my job.

I was laid off at 9:30 yesterday morning. It's going to be interesting to see not only how the government can help me, but to see how easy or hard it is to survive, given that.

The one positive, though, is that I'll be able to spend more time around the boards, which I hadn't had ANY time to do, before. How I'm going to survive, now, is a big question though.

I go to the unemployment office on Tuesday, then to an employment center from there. I'll document my experiences here as my first time through the "system" since 1989 (was laid off and collected 26 weeks at around $52/wk back then).

It's going to be interesting for sure.....:(

Sandy G 02-13-2010 11:40 AM

Damn, Tim, hate that...Dollar to a donut says you'll land on yr feet, though.

BlueStreak 02-13-2010 12:42 PM

That sucks, Man. Sorry to hear it.

BlueStreak 02-13-2010 01:03 PM

BTW.

Did you say you worked for Toyota?

Dave

merrylander 02-13-2010 01:09 PM

Tough going Tim, best of luck.

Fast_Eddie 02-13-2010 01:23 PM

Sorry man. That really sucks. Hang in there. It'll work out.

Kamakiri 02-13-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 19867)
BTW.

Did you say you worked for Toyota?

Dave

Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi. All three are plagued with the same problems.....steeply dropping quality, lackluster designs, and poor sales.

BlueStreak 02-13-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakiri (Post 19875)
Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi. All three are plagued with the same problems.....steeply dropping quality, lackluster designs, and poor sales.

Wow, I never thought I'd see that day.

Anyhow, I hope you're back on your feet soon. Be strong, my friend!

Dave

Charles 02-14-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakiri (Post 19858)
I now join their ranks, after ten years at my job.

I was laid off at 9:30 yesterday morning. It's going to be interesting to see not only how the government can help me, but to see how easy or hard it is to survive, given that.

The one positive, though, is that I'll be able to spend more time around the boards, which I hadn't had ANY time to do, before. How I'm going to survive, now, is a big question though.

I go to the unemployment office on Tuesday, then to an employment center from there. I'll document my experiences here as my first time through the "system" since 1989 (was laid off and collected 26 weeks at around $52/wk back then).

It's going to be interesting for sure.....:(

Pretty sure UE pays more now, and lasts longer than 26 wks. Just get up early every day and do SOMETHING, and you should be just fine.

Chas

d-ray657 02-14-2010 02:39 PM

I am sorry to hear of your misfortune at the hands of this economy. I also hate to benefit from your misfortune, but I joined AK at a time when you weren't active. It will be a treat to read some of the posts from one of the founders of AK. Maybe, when you have some time, you can share some stories of AK's early days with those of us who are relative newcomers. But you better get to it fast. I have confidence that you will find something worth your while in short order. Good luck in making the most out of your change in circumstances.

Regards,

D-Ray