Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Welcome To The Fourth Turning: Banning At The Controls (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11449)

icenine 02-08-2017 04:01 PM

Welcome To The Fourth Turning: Banning At The Controls

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...040613138a951?

Scary stuff.

Tom Joad 02-08-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

“We’re gonna have to have some dark days before we get to the blue sky of morning again in America,” Bannon warned in 2010. “We are going to have to take some massive pain. Anybody who thinks we don’t have to take pain is, I believe, fooling you.”

“This movement,” he said in November, “is in the top of the first inning.”
I agree.

The only difference is in which side we think will win.

It's going to be my side.

The Commies. :D

donquixote99 02-08-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 347083)

Scary indeed. The guy sees us as already in an apocalyptic war with Islam. His version of Hitler's 'volk,' the 'Judeo-Christian West,' must pass through fire and death to emerge triumphant, or perish. No 'hysterical exaggeration on my part' This is just how he talks. This is just how he thinks. Click on the link.

The main idea is war. Big war. If this guy stays in power, we're all going to die.

icenine 02-08-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 347085)
I agree.

You are the sort of intellect that would fall for this.

icenine 02-08-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 347086)
Scary indeed. The guy sees us as already in an apocalyptic war with Islam. His version of Hitler's 'volk,' the 'Judeo-Christian West,' must pass through fire and death to emerge triumphant, or perish. No 'hysterical exaggeration on my part' This is just how he talks. This is just how he thinks. Click on the link.

The main idea is war. Big war. If this guy stays in power, we're all going to die.

Sort of reflects some views here. I guess millions believe this stuff. Hard to fathom but how else do you explain Trump.

donquixote99 02-08-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 347085)
I agree.

What commies? The commies aren't on the field, they aren't even anywhere.

It's a two-part problem First, the left is totally disorganized, doesn't believe in much, beyond 'be nice, don't hate, take care of everyone, good laws fairly applied are swell,' some stuff like that. They aren't commies, don't know what commies are, and will never be commies.

Second, if they were commies, and they fought and won a communist revolution, that would suck too. The more radical a revolution, the more it concentrates power at the top, and power concentrated at the top is tyranny, and tyranny equals megadeath, everywhere and always. Look what the Russians got for all their blood and death struggle.

'The commies rescuing us' is a fantasy about on a par with 'an army of pastel ponies rescuing us.'

donquixote99 02-08-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 347091)
Sort of reflects some views here. I guess millions believe this stuff. Hard to fathom but how else do you explain Trump.

Some believe some of it, since it's been said a lot on talk radio and alt right Internet. A lot more just feel culturally attacked and voted Trump as an angry fuck-you. There is a 'dark side' to human nature, that can be awakened, esp in the beloved 'poorly educated,' quite easily given suitable conditions and communications media, and the malice to do it.

whell 02-08-2017 04:59 PM

History repeats itself quite often, and the history of mankind is replete with conflict. I guess discussions about this are "scary" for lefties.

donquixote99 02-08-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 347100)
History repeats itself quite often, and the history of mankind is replete with conflict. I guess discussions about this are "scary" for lefties.

You 'guess' you see a chance to throw yet another insult, which is all you're here to do. Go to hell.

finnbow 02-08-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 347100)

If you don't hold Bannon in contempt, you deserve to be held in contempt.