Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   global politics forum is being manipulated......... (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11530)

JCricket 03-06-2017 09:42 AM

global politics forum is being manipulated.........

Hey Folks,
I think we are under attack. I have tried to post in the global politics forum. It no worky. I can type two characters and then it goes bonkers. I put the cursor back on the line, two more characters and zing, it breaks. I think someone is making sure we cannot discuss global politics, maybe the russians, or north korea, or china.

Mostly I am posting here to let the mods know I ma having an issue with the global politics forum.;)

icenine 03-06-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 349817)
Hey Folks,
I think we are under attack. I have tried to post in the global politics forum. It no worky. I can type two characters and then it goes bonkers. I put the cursor back on the line, two more characters and zing, it breaks. I think someone is making sure we cannot discuss global politics, maybe the russians, or north korea, or china.

Mostly I am posting here to let the mods know I ma having an issue with the global politics forum.;)

It may be a flash issue. Is there a dark add banner with a red arrow near the top of the page under the PC logo or at the bottom of the page?. When that flash screen is there ( I don't know what it is advertising) you can not type in the response box more than two characters. It is happening on my Chrome on my Powermac.

If you close the boxes you can post but it comes back. Disable flash or try another browser. Doesn't seem to happen on all my other computers.

The add banner is a black rectangle with a red arrow in the center but no words.

donquixote99 03-06-2017 09:49 AM

I just was able to post there.

If someone was messing with us, I doubt they would just pick on one less-active forum. And I can't see us being messed with anyway. Too small an audience.

donquixote99 03-06-2017 09:51 AM

I use firefox, with adblocker, and Flash disabled unless I consent to an instance of it.

JCricket 03-06-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 349821)
I just was able to post there.

If someone was messing with us, I doubt they would just pick on one less-active forum. And I can't see us being messed with anyway. Too small an audience.

Yeah, I was kidding about being messed with. But I am now having issues with this forum too

GRRR..............................

Oerets 03-06-2017 09:57 AM

I just tried to start a thread there. No problem on my end.

Firefox also.

Barney

JCricket 03-06-2017 10:06 AM

yep, it is that banner ad causing my problems

Tom Joad 03-06-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 349827)
yep, it is that banner ad causing my problems

Are you sure it wasn't the Russians?;)

d-ray657 03-06-2017 04:02 PM

You't be surprised at how many of the spammers who try to register here use Russian I.P. addresses.

merrylander 03-07-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 349840)
You't be surprised at how many of the spammers who try to register here use Russian I.P. addresses.

What, no one from Nigeria?:p

Rajoo 03-07-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 349869)
What, no one from Nigeria?:p

Not a chance, they know that most of us are AK members. :D