Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Who exactly is gonna vote for Mitt? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3674)

Bigerik 02-29-2012 11:40 PM

Who exactly is gonna vote for Mitt?

Seems like it won't be a lot of Republicans. I'm glad he thought his victory in Michigan was "enough".

merrylander 03-01-2012 07:40 AM

The Republicans will vote for him if for no other reason that they hate Obama. However, with him running so far to the right the independents will either stay home or vote for Obama. Either way the GOP has shot themselves in both feet/

piece-itpete 03-01-2012 09:29 AM

Governor Mitt 1.0, or the new and improved candidate Mitt 2.0?

Pete

Bigerik 03-01-2012 09:30 AM

Likely we will get Mitt 3.11 before the election is done.

BlueStreak 03-01-2012 09:35 AM

And attempt to deny that Mitt 1.0 and Mitt 2.0 ever existed.

Dave

Big_Bill 03-01-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 91876)
The Republicans will vote for him if for no other reason that they hate Obama. However, with him running so far to the right the independents will either stay home or vote for Obama. Either way the GOP has shot themselves in both feet/

Yes Merry,

The Republican Party doesn't seem to have a viable candidate.

But before you hang everyone that wants Obama out of Office, remember he did it his way !

With America on the verge of a Depression, what did he spend all of his first year on ? A Health Care Plan, and one that no one understood or knew what it would cost. This at a time that business needed stability and certainty. Thus causing any one that had hopes of expanding, to hold off until this HCP was understood. NO NEW JOBS.

Then he spends almost a Trillion Dollars on "SHOVEL READY PROJECTS" that just were not shovel ready. Hell, if he just gave that money out to each of the American people it would have been a greater stimulus than anything that he did in his PORK BARRELED STIMULUS PACKAGE.

Hell Merry, when he first entered the Presidential Race, I was ready and willing to vote for him, he espoused many things that I am strongly in favor of, and heaven knows how badly we do need change in government. But what did he give us ? Even More of the SAME OLD BULL SHIT ! And 70+ Tzar's to boot.
No Merry, I do not hate anyone, just their lies and deceptions. If BO just began to CHANGE Washington as he promised, and spent more time on JOBS, instead of his HCP, I would be singing his praises, as I did have HOPE FOR HIM AT ONE TIME! But lie to me ounce, shame on you, lie to me twice, shame on me. His Faith, Hope and CHANGE flew right out of the window.

Bill

BlueStreak 03-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 91928)
Yes Merry,

The Republican Party doesn't seem to have a viable candidate.

But before you hang everyone that wants Obama out of Office, remember he did it his way !

With America on the verge of a Depression, what did he spend all of his first year on ? A Health Care Plan, and one that no one understood or knew what it would cost. This at a time that business needed stability and certainty. Thus causing any one that had hopes of expanding, to hold off until this HCP was understood. NO NEW JOBS.

Then he spends almost a Trillion Dollars on "SHOVEL READY PROJECTS" that just were not shovel ready. Hell, if he just gave that money out to each of the American people it would have been a greater stimulus than anything that he did in his PORK BARRELED STIMULUS PACKAGE.

Hell Merry, when he first entered the Presidential Race, I was ready and willing to vote for him, he espoused many things that I am strongly in favor of, and heaven knows how badly we do need change in government. But what did he give us ? Even More of the SAME OLD BULL SHIT ! And 70+ Tzar's to boot.
No Merry, I do not hate anyone, just their lies and deceptions. If BO just began to CHANGE Washington as he promised, and spent more time on JOBS, instead of his HCP, I would be singing his praises, as I did have HOPE FOR HIM AT ONE TIME! But lie to me ounce, shame on you, lie to me twice, shame on me. His Faith, Hope and CHANGE flew right out of the window.

Bill

Unemployment is dropping, Bill. DOW is at 13,000. People are going back to work. I know some of them personally. The last one got his layoff notice last week and has already had his first offer. Never even had to file for UE.

I hate lies and deception too, Bill. And the bullshit that keeps coming from the right is the bullshit that I hate the most. It really has slowed down the process. You see, what those useless, obstructionist fukheads are trying to do is keep the economy on it's knees until after the election. That's what those flagwaiving, biblethumping bullshit artists have been doing for the last THREE YEARS.

And, YOU are so blinded by their silly, pseudo-patriotic shit, you can't see it.

Dave

merrylander 03-01-2012 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is part of your answer large william.:p

Big_Bill 03-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 91929)
Unemployment is dropping, Bill. DOW is at 13,000. People are going back to work. I know some of them personally. The last one got his layoff notice last week and has already had his first offer. Never even had to file for UE.

I hate lies and deception too, Bill. And the bullshit that keeps coming from the right is the bullshit that I hate the most. It really has slowed down the process. You see, what those useless, obstructionist fukheads are trying to do is keep the economy on it's knees until after the election. That's what those flagwaiving, biblethumping bullshit artists have been doing for the last THREE YEARS.

And, YOU are so blinded by their silly, pseudo-patriotic shit, you can't see it.

Dave

Say it ain't so Dave,

I would have never invaded Afghanistan, not with ground troops.

I would have tried to control Iraq, it makes a great buffer to keep Iran in line.

Remember I served as a combat officer, and I am the Last one that wants our blood in the sands of the ME. These people don't want us, they don't like us and they enjoy killing Infidels. Let them kill each other, and we can clean up the mess when they are finished.

Bill

d-ray657 03-01-2012 11:51 AM

Why does everyone on the right forget that 40% of the stimulus package was tax cuts. Did you not see the Making Work Pay tax credit? The payroll tax cuts put money in working people's pockets every week. Employers were given tax incentives to hire people. Much of the stimulus also went to unemployment benefits, which put money back in the economy. Were you not aware of any of that money that was given back to the people, Bill. Remember also that the stimulus package was the first priority. It was passed before any health care legislation.

I am disappointed with the form the health care reform package finally took. It became a bad example of sausage making. As a lot of people here believe, we would have been better with a single payer plan, but there was no way the GOP would allow the "Kenyan Soci@list" to pass such a broad plan. That would have created significant relief for employers, who would no longer have to compete for employees by providing health benefits - the cost of which they had little control over. While I would have preferred that Obama push harder for single payer, I have to believe that he had a better grasp on political reality than I do. The package did achieve some reforms, and might be something that could be built on. At a personal level, I'm glad that, as a result of the reform, we are still able to provide medical coverage to my 22 and 24 year old sons.

Regards,

D-Ray