Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Republican National Security Debate (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3310)

Bigerik 11-22-2011 11:02 PM

Republican National Security Debate

Watching this stupid sideshow now. This is the best that America can do? Stupid fear mongering. The only one who seems to understand the situation in the US is Ron Paul.

These boneheads are talking war as if it is college football.

Bigerik 11-22-2011 11:18 PM

Bachman is a joke, but I gotta say old Newt has said some halfway intelligent things. Romney seems to be trying to prove that he is more Christian than the Christians. Perry? The less said, the better.

Bigerik 11-22-2011 11:19 PM

And why do so many of them sound like they are talking to children? Do they really feel the average American is that dumb?

Oerets 11-22-2011 11:24 PM

My Brother in law called during it to see if I was watching it. (I was not) He was so worked up I could not get a word in edgewise. He is a Rush daily listener and gets all of his news from Fox exclusively BTW.

Kept talking about the "Occupier" and the Super Committee and when I wiki'ed the info about it to clarify some things, he just said he didn't want to hear it!

So the GOP will have a very loyal electorate all fired up to vote it looks to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 81416)
And why do so many of them sound like they are talking to children? Do they really feel the average American is that dumb?

YES!

Barney

BlueStreak 11-23-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 81416)

I'm sure they do. Problem is, I fear they may be right.

Dave

BlueStreak 11-23-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 81417)
My Brother in law called during it to see if I was watching it. (I was not) He was so worked up I could not get a word in edgewise. He is a Rush daily listener and gets all of his news from Fox exclusively BTW.

Kept talking about the "Occupier" and the Super Committee and when I wiki'ed the info about it to clarify some things, he just said he didn't want to hear it!

So the GOP will have a very loyal electorate all fired up to vote it looks to me.

YES!

Barney

My brother in law hates me, because I reminded him of how absolutely full of shit he is and has always been. Spouting all of that conservative republican crap as he stuffs his wallet with his union pension and social security check. Retired at 55, from-----drum roll please--General Motors. That's right, the frigging teabagger jackass is living off of your tax money. Which, I really wouldn't care, I can't say I wouldn't retire at 55 if I could. Except he can't stop running his stupid mouth about other people. Total and utter asshole.

He won't speak to me anymore.

Do you think I care?:D

Dave

CarlV 11-23-2011 10:56 AM

I watched most of it online. Nice picture quality.

Carl

BlueStreak 11-23-2011 11:16 AM

I watched part of it on my lunch break. I see they've perfected the method of constantly blaming Obama even better than he has in his efforts to blame Bush. They've also become quite adept at the Clintonian method of talking forever without really saying anything.

Did anyone ask Newt about his ideas on Child Labor? I'd like to hear his thoughts on legalizing sweatshops, or establishing a system of feudal serfdom. I'm sure he'd be all for it. After all, just think of the money businesses could save.

Offering the presidency to any of those people, with the possible exception of Huntsman, or maybe Paul, would be like hanging pearls on a pig. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it. And I'm running into more people who feel the same way, every day.

Dave

Bigerik 11-23-2011 11:35 AM

I just keep wondering how Paul would do. Be nice to have a "buck stops here", no BS kinda man in charge. Likely would be good for only one term, so he might shake the place up some.

Charles 11-24-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlV (Post 81455)
I watched most of it online. Nice picture quality.

Carl

1080i?

Chas