Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A sabbatical (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7459)

merrylander 05-09-2014 08:26 AM

A sabbatical

Good morning, I trust that everyone is well, I just dropped in to let y'all know what has happened and what the future is to be, at least my future. I was amazed at how much work I have accomplished since I left. I also discovered a few things.

Watching the PBS Newshour they had three "experts" explaining what is wrong with schools and I near about died laughing. It seems that because the girls are smarter this puts the boys at a disadvantage. Also boys are so physically active they simply cannot sis still for extended periods.

Excuse me; I know women are smart; I live with a very accomplished woman. But I do not recall ever being unable to sit still for two or three hours. It dawned on me these people had come up with theories and were looking for facts to support them. That was when it occurred to me that here in PC some of our resident experts poo poo other's actual hands on experience in favor of some theory.

Another aspect of what is happening is the reductio ad absurdum form most arguments take as well as the apparent willingness of the debate to cause reduction in good manners and I was as guilty as any. But it was Mike's rude response to Barbara's recounting of what was her personal experience. Now I sort of know Mike, he has a lovely wife and three lovely daughters and his recent behavior is out of character. Still as opinionated as ever though. :)
So finding that I am getting a lot done on my novel, and realizing that I certainly am not getting any younger I shall take a sabbatical from PC and see about finishing it before Mother Nature finishes me. :) I would leave my email but I fear there are those here who would delight in mail bombing me so I shant do that. I wish you all well (believe it or not).

one1 05-09-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 216868)
Good morning, I trust that everyone is well, I just dropped in to let y'all know what has happened and what the future is to be, at least my future. I was amazed at how much work I have accomplished since I left. I also discovered a few things.

Watching the PBS Newshour they had three "experts" explaining what is wrong with schools and I near about died laughing. It seems that because the girls are smarter this puts the boys at a disadvantage. Also boys are so physically active they simply cannot sis still for extended periods.

Excuse me; I know women are smart; I live with a very accomplished woman. But I do not recall ever being unable to sit still for two or three hours. It dawned on me these people had come up with theories and were looking for facts to support them. That was when it occurred to me that here in PC some of our resident experts poo poo other's actual hands on experience in favor of some theory.

Another aspect of what is happening is the reductio ad absurdum form most arguments take as well as the apparent willingness of the debate to cause reduction in good manners and I was as guilty as any. But it was Mike's rude response to Barbara's recounting of what was her personal experience. Now I sort of know Mike, he has a lovely wife and three lovely daughters and his recent behavior is out of character. Still as opinionated as ever though. :)
So finding that I am getting a lot done on my novel, and realizing that I certainly am not getting any younger I shall take a sabbatical from PC and see about finishing it before Mother Nature finishes me. :) I would leave my email but I fear there are those here who would delight in mail bombing me so I shant do that. I wish you all well (believe it or not).

It is Your time Rob,Enjoy it and relish every second,and notice the small things,they are the best enjoyed,Till we meet Again,Cleon

donquixote99 05-09-2014 08:39 AM

Merrylander, I'm grateful for having had the chance to know you. Best wishes in your creative endeavors, and it all things.

:)

Pio1980 05-09-2014 08:44 AM

We'll miss your commentary, come back to vent when useful.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

piece-itpete 05-09-2014 08:45 AM

I hope you check back one more time to read the well wishes from all of us, and good luck with and God Bless your endeavours Sir. I will miss your input and welcome your (hopefully) eventual return.

Regardless don't forget to let someone know when you get published! :)

Pete

barbara 05-09-2014 09:02 AM

Many good wishes to you....

Oerets 05-09-2014 10:53 AM

I will miss your take on current events, but too know of what you speak. With the limited time available and other pressing matters prioritizes and decisions are made.

Good time of the year to take a vacation and relax.

Wishing you all the best!

Barney

bobabode 05-09-2014 12:00 PM

Fair winds and following seas my friend Rob. Come back soon. Your input here will be sorely missed.

ebacon 05-09-2014 02:03 PM

Enjoy yourself, Merrylander. A change of pace is good for the soul.

Peace!

MrPots 05-09-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 216868)

Sir, I've only been here a short while and you've managed to earn my unreserved respect. I'll miss your posts.

Best wishes to you and your lovely wife. I hope to read you again soon.